F04 Beam Shaper?

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
How big of a difference does the F04 make?

Any beam shots of a Surefire KL1 with and without it?

CLHC

Flashaholic
I have that SF.F04 Beam Shaper. But I can't answer your question because I don't have the SF.KL1—

SCblur

Enlightened
I'll try and post some tomorrow, when my camera is near. it's a HUGE difference though. Complete throw w/ KL1, and complete flood w/ beamshaper, no hotspot AT ALL. Good combo.

Flakey

Enlightened
I use my Fm34 beamshaper with my C3 The p90 lamp in the C3 boasts good throw (although probably not as narrow as a 1w led) the beamshaper takes away all the parts of the beam and just puts out a blob! it is awesome. there is no hotspot, no corona, no spillbeam, just a seamless blob of light that is superb for close up work. I use my C3 with beamshaper when walking at night, i use it to see what im about to step on and for this it is simply perfect! Im a big fan of beamshapers because they give me the two things i want, a setting for throw and a setting for flood. i would suggest that you buy it, if you dont you will always wonder what could have been!

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
It makes a lot of difference. See my beamshots of my HDS U85 below, which has a beam very similar to a SF E2e w/o the beamshaper.

Note the tint is off in these pics - in real life the E2e looks slightly yellow, the U85 is very *white*, and the SF L1 is slightly violet:

beamshots-800x600.jpg

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
A BeamShaper will multiply the beam area by about 16X--at least, that's the effect it has on a P90 or P91 lamp. Used with an LED lamp, you may find yourself underwhelmed. Personally, I wasn't be happy using a BeamShaper on anything less than a G&P G120 or (even better) a FiveMega Stinger Mod.

lotsalumens

Enlightened
I use an F04 on my L1 and love it. It takes the L1's square and unevenly colored beam and turns it into a nice smooth wash of light. It's handy having the option of flood or throw with it, and at $8 they are certainly cheap enough.

>>>Correction...they are $12. Got them mixed up with the colored filters which are $8<<<

cfb

Last edited: