Ever show your friends your lights without warning them?

tron3

Banned
I did this to my friends when I received my Fenix L0P.

I hand it to them, "See my new toy? Just twist to put it on." Because it is so small, most turn it on looking straight into the beam and then... :poof: :crackup:

VWTim

Enlightened
I've done it a few times. Now most of my friends and co-workers know better. Plus my hotwires are getting brighter to the level it's dangerous now :)

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
I go for the "hey I just spent $150 on this light, wanna see it" and then my friends always say "$150 OMGWTFBBQ and oh come on it cant be that bright" so I say "well then you can take it in the eys right" And being the dumbys they are say yes. When I shine at them, most cover there eyes and submit me to my power, the real idiots are like I can take this, and end up with headaches for the rest of the day.:popcorn:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frequently. Most of them know me well enough to not look into the business end when they turn it on. That said, the brightest light I've got(handheld, that is) is a G2/P61, which might as well be a candle flame compared to some of the things you guys/girls run. Funny though, had a service tech for my oil furnace out today(need a new furnace, arg!) and he whipped out his stock AA Minimag. It fizzled and I handed him my Streamlight, and he looked into it when he turned it on. Plenty of swearing followed. He was so appreciative that I gave him a Nite Ize mod out of one of my Minimags. His previously "dead" batteries had enough juice to run the Nite Ize mod.

Cheers. :buddies:

greenLED

Flashaholic
It invariably happens. :lolsign: It doesn't matter how many times I try to warn them. Sometimes I'm in the middle of saying "don't look int-- ...nevermind..." :laughing:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
My mind immediately jumped back to this thread

partial quote "The next thing I know I have about 15 people all wanting to see and touch (and shine the lights in their eyes?!?) and compare them to their various el-cheapo stuff. I'm giving an impromptu lecture about the current state of illumination tools, light output, and runtimes. My wife is repeatedly telling people to NOT shine the lights in their eyes!" :naughty:

Recently my favorite stunt is to find a situation where someone needs light and turn on my Gladius set to about midway. The person will usually say thanks and then turn to the task at hand and then I'll start dialing up the light level. It always gets a reaction.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
My very own dad picked up my new HID last night, and did the "ohh, it's not that bright" and it warmed up from the dull glow of the first arc up to the "AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!" when it starts picking up speed..then he said even closing his eyes wasn't enough...

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to hide my lights from my friends. They know me too well by now, and they just make fun of me. :(

"Hey, Ty, didja get a new light this week?"

Blindspot

Newly Enlightened
I was at a restaurant the other night when the waitress picked up my ELX-6 from the table, looked right into it and tried to turn it on. Fortunately for her, she was trying to push the brightness potentiometer knob and not the on-off switch. :naughty:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very carefull about showing my lights,
I prefer to show people who have an understanding
or a tleast some interest in my lights. Except once,
I showed my rich uncle my new arc aaa, the fist thing he did was
to turn it on, shoved it up his nose and pull a funny face,
Thats why I carry a bigger EDC, I would love to see him try
with a Thor 15 mcp light