mass produced 2 speed z57?

nitebrite

Enlightened
hi all,

just wondering if sf themselves or some other company make a comercially available 2 speed z57 or other 2 speed clickie for e-series bodies?

thanks,
nitebrite.

greenLED

Flashaholic
what do you mean by 2 speed? Two-stage (hi/low), maybe?

Two-stage mechanical clickies are hard to manufacture. You could get around this by using a digitally controlled clicky switch, but that doesn't make things any easier. Regardless, I haven't seen one available for the e-series. What is currently available is the Mc2Es: two-stage twisty switch from McGizmo.

nitebrite

Enlightened
that is exactly what i meant.

a lot of flashaholics say 2-speed. meaning '2-stage' as in hi-lo control on one switch. you click three times. once for low, twice for high, and three times for off.

i know people have built them for e-bodies and that some have been sold. i was just wondering if there was a 'production' model for e-bodies.

nitebrite.

edit: oops, i didn't read your whole post. ok i guess i got my answer.
i wish sf had one. that would make the l4 more versatile. since i like the l4 best for size to output out of the l-series. the thing is really too brite for close up work. and it's size is good for close up work though.

nitebrite.

Last edited:

nitebrite

Enlightened
i was hoping there was one for e-bodies and that it came pre assembled and that it was a mass production part. i hoped too much, lol.

nitebrite.