Donating surplus toys.. To where?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night my wife and I decided to thin our kids toys, many new, some used. We want to ship them to those less fortunate than ours.
So my question is this:
Is there a reliable foundation that than disperse these for us? My wife is concerned of the validity of some foundations.
Also, what is the general consensus as to where they should go, overseas to 3rd world countries or keep them around and give help to those close by?
We are digging brand new toys out of their rooms I have never seen before, nor have they..
Thanks!
David

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for the link, I just emailed them for some information in regards to the fact that these toys are in Canada. :)

h_nu

Enlightened
One of my neighbors said a local homeless shelter was glad to have them. He had his kids with him after confirming their need via phone. It helped the kids realize how fortunate they are.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think my biggest hurdle here is going to be that I reside in Canada, most things I am finding are US based. I certainly don't have a local homless shelter, but the idea is a noble one!
I will wait on my email from Sashas suggestion before I proceed, it's pretty depressing when you have to sort through this stuff.