Gladius on international flight

tadbik

Enlightened
Hi,

I've read the many posts about flying with flashlight but has anyone had experience with the Gladius on international flights because of it's strobe function?

This could definately be classed as a weapon and maybe the inspectors have it on a list or something.

Would it be best to pack it in checked baggage or in carry-on?

Just to add to the problem, the flight I will be travelling on is to Israel!

Would appreciate any advice from worldly travelllers.

bagman

Enlightened
I've just travelled from the UK to Portugal and back with my Gladius in my carry on bag together with one of AW's batery carriers containing 4 x 123a's

It went through the x-ray machine but nothing was said at either end.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I don't think a lot of people will know of the specs of the Gladius. I'd set it to some low-level setting for the duration of the trip (airport, security, flight, etc.)

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
What GreenLED said.

I'd like to see someone use the Strobe of a Gladius to hijack a plane though :laughing:

magic79

Enlightened
I doubt any inspector would know that your flashlight had a strobe...or that it cost more than $50 for that matter.

I'm not sure how a strobe could be classified as a weapon either.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well technically, since it IS specifically designed to disorient the target, I guess it is a 'weapon' of sorts. But it's just ineffective by itself to take over a plane :D

tadbik

Enlightened
Hey guys, we're not talking about what our logical sane thinking is on this matter but what the bureaucrats that decide on security at the airports think!

The Israeli airlines policy was always the best and would have prevented 9/11. If you can't get into the cockpit and they don't intend to open the door under any circumstances then you can't hijack the plane!

Sorrry.... got carried away there!

Seriously, if I was a bureaucrat in charge of this kind of stuff, I'd probably circulate a watch list of prohibited items to look out for and I'd certainly add the Gladius on the list (if the strobe works as advertised).

Thanks for the comments.

magic79

Enlightened
tadbik said:
Hey guys, we're not talking about what our logical sane thinking is on this matter but what the bureaucrats that decide on security at the airports think!

I guess government works the same everywhere!