rare ARC AAA's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

colubrid

Enlightened
I am getting an ARC AAA collection started. So I have a red 2003 CPF, RBG, Ikahira Camo and most recent a bare (no writing)) ARC AAA. I also have some of the older versions and different colored LEDs.

I know there is a blue HA CPF special (not sure what year) but what other ARC AAA are their that are unusual and rare? I did not even know the "Sterile" ARCs even existed. So I am curious...

:thinking:

..what else is out there?

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a "sterile" black HA-III Arc AAA with a red LED. Yeah, no markings and the finish is black which makes sense since it is made for blackout conditions.

colubrid

Enlightened
This is second hand information I got from another member:

Someone told me there are only about 30 of the sterile ARCs around. Apparantly there was a mix up at ARC and Peter did not know they went out.

nightshade

Enlightened
I have a red sterile AAA w/white led that I purchased from BeeSee some months ago. Don't know the story behind the lack of markings.

bucken

Enlightened
The Arc AAA "UV" ones are also hard to find. I have one but the UV head won't work on the original UV body, anymore. It will, however, work just fine on any other Arc AAA body, and the other Arc AAA heads work just fine on the UV body. Strange!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
colubrid said:
This is second hand information I got from another member:

Someone told me there are only about 30 of the sterile ARCs around. Apparantly there was a mix up at ARC and Peter did not know they went out.

colubrid,
Thanks for the information, that clears up the sterile Arc AAA question for me. My red LED/black HA-III sterile sits in a plastic box waiting for when I need a blackout light again. Now I don't want to use it! :mad: :)

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
the rarest would be the brass ones.
sterile?
at least i now know the 2 or 3 i own wont reproduce!;-)
30 0r so?
looks like i own 10% of them!

cy

Flashaholic
rarest of the ARC AAA's are the original hand made one's. they came with orings. strangely enough when they went into production, very early production ARC AAA had a flat rubber seal.

that was phased out in favor of round orings. original ARC AAA were black anodized, not hard anodized. later they were black hard anodized.

color bodies, ARC AAA came in black, red, blue and gold. several flavors of led colors were produced: white, red, orange, yellow, UV (short & long wave length), turquoise, blue, green.

that's pretty short synoposis... I'm sure I left out a lot!

nirad

Enlightened
One of the hardest ones to find is one with a yellow LED. I hear they did not produce a lot in this color and are somewhat rare. Luckily, I scored one last year to complete my Arc "rainbow" collection. :grin2:

cy

Flashaholic
yellow is the only ARC AAA, I don't have....

purchased one last year from a cpf'er in europe. he shipped my yellow ARC AAA to someone else by mistake.

that person never has fessed up :green:

colubrid

Enlightened
snakebite said:
the rarest would be the brass ones.
sterile?
at least i now know the 2 or 3 i own wont reproduce!;-)
30 0r so?
looks like i own 10% of them!

cy said:
rarest of the ARC AAA's are the original hand made one's. they came with orings. strangely enough when they went into production, very early production ARC AAA had a flat rubber seal.

that was phased out in favor of round orings. original ARC AAA were black anodized, not hard anodized. later they were black hard anodized.

color bodies, ARC AAA came in black, red, blue and gold. several flavors of led colors were produced: white, red, orange, yellow, UV (short & long wave length), turquoise, blue, green.

that's pretty short synoposis... I'm sure I left out a lot!

So are the brass and gold the same thing?

I have not see either for sale.

cy

Flashaholic
no, there were very few brass ARC AAA's made.

peak made a clone of the brass one's too. you can tell the real one's by the electronics.

also bare aluminum ARC AAA bodies that's chem dipped looks golden.

there were a few golden anodized ARC AAA's floating around too. blue ARC AAA were 2002 cpf specials

then there's the tiger stripe ARC's :D

Last edited:

colubrid

Enlightened
"tiger stripe ARC's :D"

Nice try. Next you will have me posting in the wanted section for snakeskin ARCs.:ironic:

cy said:
no, there were very few brass ARC AAA's made.

peak made a clone of the brass one's too. you can tell the real one's by the electronics.

also bare aluminum ARC AAA bodies that's chem dipped looks golden.

there were a few golden anodized ARC AAA's floating around too. blue ARC AAA were 2002 cpf specials

then there's the tiger stripe ARC's :D

cy

Flashaholic
there really was tiger stripe ARC's, which were caused by veriations in aluminum alloy. part was machined perfectly and sent to be hard anodized as usual.

tiger stripes were not noticed until a few folks started to complaint. ARC quickly withdrew tiger stripe units. which made some folks want them even more :D

and yes, I've got a few tiger stripe ARC AAA and LS available....

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
Nikon also has Tiger Stripe LS's. They are really cool looking, but I wouldnt carry it.:green:

Status
Not open for further replies.