Solitaire Led Plug and Play

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had heard about this on a solitaire thread but it said the price was gonna be in the 10-15 range. I love soli's (i got ARCs and peaks but still love my modded soli's, don't know why guess Im a sucker for the punishment)
but 30 buck's is a bit steep. do look forward to how bright it will be.VDG

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lambda Lights announced availability of a drop in Solitaire kit. Price not announced yet. I'd get it at $10 or 15, but not one for $30, even if the $30 version was Luxion. I like the MJLED in my Mag 2AAA, and a simple LED works well in the Solitaire.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep... 30$ is a expensive amount for that simple Led whit boost for a Solitaire... But i love the size and how look the Solitaire, in fact, i have one, i try to make a simple mod, i disarm a flashlight how work with a AA for 8 5mm Leds, so, i have a Luxeon 1 Watt, i disarm the Boost and ensambly in a realy small way down the Luxeon, the problem is, if i put the ensambly inside of the Mag doesnt work, but is a try outside work fine...:ohgeez: i dont know what is the problem... Bad negative contact??? I dont know...:thinking: :mecry:

solitairemod.JPG

Last edited:

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked at the lamda soli plug in, looks exactly like the E-bay one,
hopefully when it's ready it will be a bit more thrifty. VDG

greenLED

Flashaholic
Sounds like a contact problem once you place it in the Soli, Changchung. Even if you're missing the contact by half a milimiter, things won't work right (A coat of glow-in-the-dark paint was enough to mess up dimensions on a mod I did on an Infinity host - and, no, the paint was not on the contacts but on the emitter, but it added a fraction of a mm to the length of the pill and prevented proper contact.).

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks greenLED... But i am doing everything already...

greenLED said:
Sounds like a contact problem once you place it in the Soli, Changchung. Even if you're missing the contact by half a milimiter, things won't work right (A coat of glow-in-the-dark paint was enough to mess up dimensions on a mod I did on an Infinity host - and, no, the paint was not on the contacts but on the emitter, but it added a fraction of a mm to the length of the pill and prevented proper contact.).

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first one, the black one, is the old version- version 4. The Solitaire head will not close completely with the black version.

The bare metal one with the knurling is even older. That is version 2. It will not let the Solitaire head close either. And the price is way too high.

The V5 will let the Solitaire head completely close. Lambda will be selling Version 5. It has very small electronics.

Here is a pictorial history of the Solitaire converters. Version one is on the far right and works up to version 5.

solitaireconverterhistory2rq.jpg

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks blue. so the bottom most large pic is the finished product with a gold colored cover over the circuit? VDG