Eddie Van Halen may have bottomed out & Dude, Eddie...what happened to you man?

cmeisenzahl

Enlightened
He looks like a cat collecting 80 year old woman now!

"Musician Eddie Van Halen arrives at the 14th Annual Elton John Academy Awards Viewing Dinner and After-Party in West Hollywood, Calif., Sunday, March 5, 2006. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles)"

capt.camw12703061102.elton_john_oscar_party_camw127.jpg

http://tinyurl.com/r5pkr

Last edited by a moderator:

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Re: Eddie Van Halen may have bottomed out ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_van_Halen

Looks like he's been through a bit -- Wikipedia: "The 1990s and onward proved to be a rough time for Van Halen. He battled alcoholism, lost his mother to cancer, was treated for tongue/mouth cancer, had hip replacement surgery, and separated from Valerie Bertinelli (whom he married in 1981), as his band split with their third lead singer, Gary Cherone."

I imagine that he's rich enough that he doesn't care what people think about his looks. Despite that, he should have had something done with his hair and a makeup artist touch him up a bit.

ledlurker

Enlightened

Hard partying will always catch up with you. The oral cancer almost killed him 3 times. I have neighbors that have gone through chemo and have stated that if the cancer comes back they will let it kill them instead of goin through the chemo therapy again.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Maybe, in that's him in the photo saying, "yeah, but I still got a hotter girlfriend than all of you!" That is, if the girl in the back ground is his girlfriend... By the looks of the photo, his right hand could be holding his "favorite" graham cracker--the one he's been carrying around with him for the last the three weeks! (joke)

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know. I caught Van Halen in concert in 2004 and the guy did the entire show without a shirt. From 50 yards away, he looked pretty studly for his age, and it was the reason I decided to increase my workout regimen--and I'm 35 years old.

That picture isn't flattering though.

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Dude, Eddie...what happened to you man?

This poor guy...he's my absolute favorite guitarist in the biz...he just looks so....old. If I saw him in a dimly lit room I'd probably run screaming. How tragic...

eddievanhalen.jpg

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Dude, Eddie...what happened to you man?

Dude I believe he is battling some form of cancer.

C

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Re: Dude, Eddie...what happened to you man?

Didn't know that....terrible.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

Seeing how he has two successful threads running about him on a forum about flashlights, I think he has a long way to go before I start feeling sorry for him..
Eddie! Eddie! :rock:

LaserFreak

Enlightened

Um...how did my thread get highjacked? Not that it matters...just curious...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

How's it "highjacked"? It's still about poor ole' Eddie eh? :thinking:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sigman said:
How's it "highjacked"? It's still about poor ole' Eddie eh? :thinking:
I think he is refering to the fact that not long ago there were two threads on this topic.. One dissapeared, I am assuming it was his. :)
And where did you get the Canadian accent? :grin2:

LaserFreak

Enlightened

Pydpiper said:
I think he is refering to the fact that not long ago there were two threads on this topic.. One dissapeared, I am assuming it was his. :)
And where did you get the Canadian accent? :grin2:

If you look at my first post in this thread...it is in fact what I posted as the start to, I guess, a different thread...my comment somehow ended up in the middle of this one...it's just weird, that's all. Now my thread has *POOF* disappeared...as if I never started it. Maybe there's some MOD magic going on here...LOL

And yes, it is all about good 'ol Eddie anyway.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can't slide anything past me.. :) I think your right, a little merge of threads..
LaserFreak said:
If you look at my first post in this thread...it is in fact what I posted as the start to, I guess, a different thread...my comment somehow ended up in the middle of this one...it's just weird, that's all. Now my thread has *POOF* disappeared...as if I never started it. Maybe there's some MOD magic going on here...LOL

And yes, it is all about good 'ol Eddie anyway.

rikvee

Enlightened

I don't know about this one....

If you wouldn't want to distribute unflattering pictures of yourself, or say, your partner, or your Mum.....

don't do unto others....etc etc is what I like to live by.....

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Re: Eddie Van Halen may have bottomed out & Dude, Eddie...what happened to you man?

When I first read this thread, I went off looking for the "other thread" and couldn't find one - ahhh yes, evidence that someone may have merged the threads?

I typically like to mention that I merged the threads as they do indeed tend to "fall off the face of the earth" when one goes back looking for the one that was merged into another...and then as you've stated here - you find your original "vaporized" comments in the middle of another.

It messes with the thread titles as well..."merge" can be a good tool, however I'm not sure the software handles it in the exact way I'd like to see it handled.

Ok - my Canadian accent? I've used "eh" for many, many years in person - perhaps not so much in my typing though...perhaps I should actually use "B", because south of the United States border, they use "Si" - the Canadians use "eh"...so I guess Alaskan's should use "B"? I dunno...:huh2:

Back to poor ole' Eddie! :D

Last edited:

LaserFreak

Enlightened
Re: Eddie Van Halen may have bottomed out & Dude, Eddie...what happened to you man?

Sigman said:
When I first read this thread, I went off looking for the "other thread" and couldn't find one - ahhh yes, evidence that someone may have merged the threads?

I typically like to mention that I merged the threads as they do indeed tend to "fall off the face of the earth" when one goes back looking for the one that was merged into another...and then as you've stated here - you find your original "vaporized" comments in the middle of another.

It messes with the thread titles as well..."merge" can be a good tool, however I'm not sure the software handles it in the exact way I'd like to see it handled.

Ok - my Canadian accent? I've used "eh" for many, many years in person - perhaps not so much in my typing though...perhaps I should actually use "B", because south of the United States border, they use "Si" - the Canadians use "eh"...so I guess Alaskan's should use "B"? I dunno...:huh2:

Back to poor ole' Eddie! :D

Ah, I knew it!!! MOD magic it is!!! LMAO

Yes, poor, poor Eddie...