Streamlight PP 4AA... meh...

I just got mine and the brightness is WOW for something that size, but it is way too collimated for general use and not enough side spill. I could totally use adjustable focus in something that size.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Congrats on your acquisition of the Streamlight 4dbA ProPo Lux. And yes, as discussed here before and quite extensively, the throw on this is indeed awesome, but lack of side spill. Just have to angle/tilt it accordingly.

Enjoy!

BlackDecker

Enlightened
I never thought the ProPoly 4AA lux lacked in spill. Mine seems to do just fine. It's a great night walking light.

CLHC

Flashaholic
From what others also commented on regarding the said flashlight, is that the side spill isn't great, but excellent light "throwing" capabilities. This particular model gives me the impression of "tunnel-vision" compared to my other lights with "wider" corona/spill. That's why when I'm carrying the Streamlight 4AA ProPolymer Luxeon with me, I'll have at least two others on my person.

Of course, Your Methods May Vary accordingly—Enjoy! :wave:

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a very easy fix for that. Place a few strips of Scotch Magic tape across the lens - you know, the translucent stuff. Not too elegant, I know, but it will get the job done.

Latest posts