McGizmo 2 Stage Tail Switch

ront

Newly Enlightened
I hope someone can help me out here. I would like to get a McGizmo 2 stage tail switch for my L4. I really don't know which one to get. Shoot for that matter, right now, I can't even remember how I got to the McGizmo page:huh:. Can someone please help me?

Thanks, Ron

ront

Newly Enlightened
Thanks blgoode. What will be the difference betwwen the 22 and 30 ohm resistor?

Thanks, Ron

nirad

Enlightened
The 30 ohm will be dimmer than the 22. I have a 22 ohm with my L4 and seems to be a good combo between low and high.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Ront,

My McE2S Two Stage Tail Cap has the 22 ohm and I think it is perfect.

For me personally, I prefer the Trim Tail Cap shape. However, the Flat Top is also an excellent choice. I guess it all boils down to what will work best for your needs and wants.

With the McGizmo quality, I do not think you can go worng.

All My Best,
John

blgoode

Newly Enlightened
I have a standard and just bought the flat top one. Havent gotten it in yet but its a different animal than the standard shaped one. Get both :naughty:

ront

Newly Enlightened
Hi John,
I actually do want the trim tail cap, but I could not find it.

Thanks, Ron

ront

Newly Enlightened
That looks like a good one John, but it is only available in black. I would much prefer the natural :(.

Thanks, Ron

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Ron,

I agree, as I myself own the Natural color myself.

Perhaps it might be worth seeing if someone might be able to use the Natural Color Trim Tailcap listed below at that link for $15.00, and add in the Resistor for you.

I know I am not skilled enough to do so myself, as I bought mine already complete, but perhaps it would be worth a try.

Best of Luck,
John

jeepinpaul

Newly Enlightened
Lighthound.com has the trip tailcap available. The 22 ohm resistor is perfect for the L4 head with 2-CR123 cells. it is also good with a KL1 head running 2xCR123 cells too. I need to get another spare one myself!

blgoode

Newly Enlightened
now I am voting for the 22 ohm....I put that one on and have been running it tonight........just a tad brighter than the 30 for every day use. I do however think that in a camping situation, where your eyes would adjust to the darkness the 30 may be better but for now.....its the 22 ohm around the house :)

ob1

Newly Enlightened
I used my L4 in Iraq for a year. I have the trim style. It was great. The Mce2s switch is the greatest thing since sliced cheese. I don't know how i lived without a two stage flash light before i got the switch. The 22ohm is perfect for tasks that need low output lighting.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
You can put a McE2S module in a C-Series LOTC ... there's a kit available in the Shoppe and a discussion thread in the McGizmo forum, it is linked in the "FAQ and Info" sticky.
bernie

mykall

Enlightened
I'm told that these are going the way of the dinosaur and that what's left is what's left. I know Lighthound doesn't have any, the shop may be out as well.

MB

lotsalumens

Enlightened
I just got a couple of the two stage trim tailcaps (30 & 60 ohm) from the sandwich shop this week. They were listed as limited run "natural", however they are so dark they almost look black compared to the natural of my L4. 30 ohms is a good medium level, but 60 ohms provides a nice low level for things like checking on the kids at night when your eyes are dark adapted (it's even a bit bright).

These tailcaps appear to be better built that the Surefire ones which have a lot of plastic in them. As a long time Surefire incandescent user, I was pretty surprised the first time I bought one of their LED lights (last year) and looked at the bottom of the tailcap. Seemed a little flimsy compared to the overbuilt incandescent switches.

cfb