So Excited!!!

xdanx

Enlightened
I am buying a Brand New SureFire M6 for $240 tomorrow. I am buying it from an authorized dealer that is giving me an excellent discount.
(Sorry I cant contain myself I had to post):rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

CLHC

Flashaholic
SureFire Millennium M6 MagnumLight/Guardian for Two Hundred and Forty Dollars? I'd say that's quite a discount! :huh:

Way to go and Enjoy!

Last edited:

SCblur

Enlightened
Are you allowed to say where you are getting it? I also live in Southern CA, and I was wondering if this was a publicly available deal, or a personal favor?

xdanx

Enlightened
My aunt works for an authorized dealer (I won't name) in Burbank and she gets everything they sell at cost.(what they pay you pay) sorry, not available to the public.:awman:

SCblur

Enlightened
<a single tear runs down my cheek>Oh, okay, I see.... ;)

xdanx

Enlightened
I already ordered 2 for my friends. I was amazed at how much SureFire charged their dealers. Maybe you can ask surefire if you can be one of their dealers. (I have twice - no response)

CLHC

Flashaholic
I believe SureFire is quite particular in who they want as their dealer/distributor. My friend out in AZ asked a local gun shop they should be SureFire dealers. He said that they've tried that but no deal. And they're an established gun shop in his area!

Flakey

Enlightened
WOW! for some of us it would be cheaper to become a retailer and keep some of the in house lights than it was to purchase the collection of SF's that many cpf'ers boast!

InfidelCastro

Banned
That's why I'll never pay the $399.00 that they want for the light. I know the markup is so great. There was a place, that had M6's for like $280 (or was it less) last year. Now they have all the Surefire retail prices.

mdocod

Flashaholic
in the grand scheme of things, that's actually not a lot of markup. While big ticket items are usually in the 25-75% markup range, there are many smaller items on the shelves in stores that are in the 200-1,000%+ range for markup. (yes, 10x the "at-cost" is very common in many consumer electronics accessories, like USB cables and such)...

I'd be much more interested in finding out how much it costs surefire to make an M6, (all operating expenses acounted for)... I'm betting it's around $40-$60.

the_beast

Newly Enlightened
The materials may cost even less than that. But remember the biggest cost in most products is the design phase - it can take a lot of time money and effort to produce a good reliable design, even if that design ends up being very cheap to manufacture on a 'per unit' base. Then you have the costs for marketting etc, which all have to be factored in to the per unit price.

The main reason why they are that kind of price is probably simpler than this however. They are priced that high for 2 reasons:

1. People will pay it, so they might as well collect the money
2. People EXPECT to pay it to get the quality.

If you think about the second point you'll realise it is true for everything. You expect a better light to cost more, so you expect a more expensive light to be better.

xdanx

Enlightened
I GOT IT! I finally got it! this is so cool! i cant wait till' night time only 1 more hour! The M6 is an extremely well made light!

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
For quite a few lights ...Cost to resellers from surefire is quoted directly on surefire promo videos ... ironically same slide also quotes the MSRP price ;) ... but then, they also have a good support ... so one should not complain at the MSRP - Reseller price difference.

SuperNinja

Enlightened
BlackDecker said:
Now I remember why I don't own a single SF. My entire collection barely cost more than a single M6 :)
Same here.

I'm not going to buy a flashlight that is expensive enough to make me cry or give me a heart attack if it got lost or stolen.

Latest posts