• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB: McLuxIII-Ti or similar

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
HI everyone, I would like to buy a McLuxIII-Ti or similar model. I would prefer to get the all out version, but at this point, will settle for any incarnation of the McLuxIII. I really like the Tritium Vials accents on the McLuxIII.

Please PM with a price if you've got one. Will transfer funds immediately. :sold:

Thanks,

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Hello LiteSabre!

Welcome to CPF, my friend! You have discerning taste and an eye for quality. The McLuxIII PD and McLux T (Ti model) are some of the finest lights money can buy and the best interpretations of work of art fused with precision tool usefulness. Unfortunately, the ones that do appear for sale here on BST get snapped up very quickly, usually less than an hour. But I'm hoping someone will read this and offer a newbie something wonderful. Starting off with a light like the McLuxIII will show you just about the best there is offered in a compact light. Don's on vacation for another five weeks so he's not building any lights right now but I'm sure you'll get your chance at one, new or used, soon enough.

I will never forget joining CPF and first seeing the McLuxIII-PD introduced. I was head over heels crazy about the design. Took me about three months to work up the nerve to order one, but once I did it was the best money I ever spent. You will not be disappointed with your McLux, whichever version you find (or finds you).

The Ti versions are highly unlikely to resurface here in BST, just my guess, but the good news is Don will be making a run of more Ti lights in the future , maybe as soon as the next few months (one can hope). Right now the HD45 is finally available again at the Sandwich Shoppe, which is an exceptional all-purpose large reflector single LED workhorse and the 27LT is due out very soon, maybe right after Don's return. The 27LT is similar in configuration to the McLuxIII PD but has a much longer and wider diameter head. Its going to be an exciting year for enthusiasts of Don's handiwork.

Whatever you choose, have as much fun as you can with it, and DONT get carried away with too many lights or taking anything too seriously. I made both mistakes and learned slowly. Hang on to your wallet and have a ball! One of the best parts of this whole interest is the great assortment of personalities here on CPF, and how helpful they can be. There's always a lot to learn. Welcome aboard!

:)

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hello and Welcome!

Another quest for such a rare and wonderful light. . .Happy Hunting!

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
I'm very disappointed with some of you posters wanting to sell your light.

I thought the title was pretty clear that I wanted to buy a McLuxIII-Ti or similar light. I just saw a posting by InFlux that he was selling a McLuxIII-PD and it's sold already.

Doesn't anyone bother to look for people who would like to buy the items they are trying to sell first. :wtf:

This is such a stupid process. If the lights I wanted were available in retail stores, I wouldn't have to waste my time trying to catch the guy selling the item I really want.

:awman:

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Sorry to be the Bearer of bad news, but while you were typing your message of discontent you just missed another one. These are a HOT item, you heve to watch the B/S/T threads and not sleep,eat or work. Don will be back from his vacation shortly and you can order one brand new!!! He also has agreed to make another Ti run but you better be quick because you are going to have to beat me AND a whole bunch of other people. So keep your eyes open and keep checking the threads, you'll get one.

Last edited:

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Litesabre,

First off, Welcome to CPF :wave:
There's a whole lot of people here who can give you a whole lot of help, if you are nice and let them. In my opinion, going after a PD versus going after a III-T is a whole differen't ballgame. A PD can be had with a little patience. The III-T is a quest. I know, I was on it. It can be done, but it takes patience, and at this point a pretty full wallet, along with a little help along the way. That said, if you have a Surefire L-6 Porcupine to trade, you can have one immediately (existing trade offer posted). BTW, do you know what to expect to have to offer up to get the Ti masterpiece? I can give you some insight, just PM me if you like.

Take some time and make a few friends, you'll enjoy it here even more if you do.:buddies:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
LiteSabre said:
I'm very disappointed with some of you posters wanting to sell your light.

I thought the title was pretty clear that I wanted to buy a McLuxIII-Ti or similar light. I just saw a posting by InFlux that he was selling a McLuxIII-PD and it's sold already.

Doesn't anyone bother to look for people who would like to buy the items they are trying to sell first. :wtf:

This is such a stupid process. If the lights I wanted were available in retail stores, I wouldn't have to waste my time trying to catch the guy selling the item I really want.

:awman:

Wow, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? :huh2:

For one, i had no idea you were looking for one, I'm sure the seller didnt either. Just about everyone is looking for a PD and Ti Mclux. :lolsign:

Dont be such a bad sport, congradulate the buyer on his good find and keep hunting, its half the fun! :poke:

Have a good day, and keep an eye on CPF! :laughing:

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
LiteSabre

If you can wait till mid/late April, McGizmo did indicate that he had a po (purchase order) of the PD-Ti. He has also indicated that he is looking into doing a very limited run of the McLuxTiPD-27L....

So, his best creations should be available in a month or so

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lite Saber, as everyone says be a sport and enjoy the hunt. Its an adrenaline rush when you suddenly bump into a great light thats up for grab and no one else notice it yet.
Enjoy the company here and have fun in this hobby.

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to apologize for my poor behavior, but the stress is getting to me.

Congrat's on your great find, perhaps someone will remember me when another one comes up for sale.

:popcorn:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
LiteSabre said:
I just wanted to apologize for my poor behavior, but the stress is getting to me.

Congrat's on your great find, perhaps someone will remember me when another one comes up for sale.

:popcorn:

No problem man, enjoy your time here at CPF. You will find your light, stick with it!!

:buddies:

Fringe

Enlightened
Litesabre,

I might have something of interest to you . . .check your in box!

LiteSabre

Newly Enlightened
Fringe,

Sorry for the delay, I don't have time to constantly monitor the threads. I am interested. PM sent.

Thanks a lot fellow CPFers.

:rock: