Fenix L1P: Bezel Twistie?

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
With a Fenix L1P, where the bezel (LED end) is not epoxied and so can be rotated, is there any damage done to the switch by leaving the clickie pressed "on", and then turning the light off and on thereafter by means of the bezel "twistie"?

Thanks for any guidance.

NotEnoughLight

Enlightened
I have done the 2-stage mod and had left the switch on so that i can get the high output when i twist the light on. No problems so far. But i think you might want to use some grease on the o-ring? Someone was complaining that the twisting action completely destroyed the o-ring.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
NotEnoughLight said:
I have done the 2-stage mod and had left the switch on so that i can get the high output when i twist the light on. No problems so far. But i think you might want to use some grease on the o-ring? Someone was complaining that the twisting action completely destroyed the o-ring.

Thanks, N.E.L. Pls. allow a follow-up. In this situation, is it better to just lube the O ring in place, or remove it (in order to lube it more thoroughly all over) and risk breaking it?

Thanks.

NotEnoughLight

Enlightened
I think it really depends on your light. I have been twisting mine ever for about 2 months now and the o-ring is fine. Like i said there has been at least one CPFer who has had the o-ring destroyed by the action. Taking the o-ring away is perfectly ok but i am guessing it would allow leaking? I wouldn't try to take off the o-rings if i were you. Too high of a chance to snap them in the process. My personal stand is that even if the light twists fine without lube, i will apply a little lube for ease of mind.

One more thing, IIRC, i was told that silicone grease is not a good choice for use with fenix o-rings. Someone more knowledgeable about this might wanna chime in.

AFAustin

Flashlight Enthusiast
NotEnoughLight said:
I think it really depends on your light. I have been twisting mine ever for about 2 months now and the o-ring is fine. Like i said there has been at least one CPFer who has had the o-ring destroyed by the action. Taking the o-ring away is perfectly ok but i am guessing it would allow leaking? I wouldn't try to take off the o-rings if i were you. Too high of a chance to snap them in the process. My personal stand is that even if the light twists fine without lube, i will apply a little lube for ease of mind.

One more thing, IIRC, i was told that silicone grease is not a good choice for use with fenix o-rings. Someone more knowledgeable about this might wanna chime in.

Thanks again for the info. I use Nyogel---I believe that's silicone-based, isn't it?