• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MiniMag Hotwire mods All Sold!!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both sold!

2 MiniMag Hotwire mods, including the body, metal reflector, ceramic socket, UCL(tm) lens, and 2 sets of 14500 cells along with the lamp.

What makes these unique is that they use the Carley 1499 lamp, which is the WHITEST lamp I have found to run with LiIon cells in this capacity and may be the whitest Incan mod offered at any level. It compares very well in whiteness with anything I have done, including the USL,Prototype USL and Mule running some of the Osram lamps, including the 64625, etc. It is whiter than any WA product I have.

NOW...I have been sitting on the fence about offering these, because they are UNPROTECTED 14500 LiIon cells, used in series. That means you MUST not overdischarge or overcharge these cells. I have used them safely like this for nearly 3 months in my personal light, but you MUST be aware of the risks of using unprotected LiIon cells if you are going to consider buying.

Compared to the TL3 version, the 1499 puts out more light and a whiter light. So far as I can see, it is the ultimate hotwire for the MiniMag.

Price is $85.00 US each, shipped USPS priority mail within the US, additional shipping if international.

Bill

Last edited:

marcspar

Enlightened
Re: MiniMag Hotwire mods

Bill,

These sound great, but what can I use to recharge the batteries until my triton arrives?

I assume the PILA charger is a no-no.

Could I use a Nano charger with an adapter?

Thanks,

Marc

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

Marcspar, Yes on the Nano, but its a PITA. Best bet is snag a DSD 4-way 2-bay charger from Lighthound or eBay for $13 with spacers for 14500s == hassle free charging. Plus you can then charge pairs of 17500, 17670, 18500, 18650, R123, RCR2. Fully intelligent, smarter then Pila. Charges un protected and protected safely to 4.2V.

With Nano you have to charge one at a time with jumper wires, no fun.

Grab these babies!

Hey Bill, whats with the NO PICS? $85 for a Minimag and I cant see what color you are offering? DO I get at least a finned head or something? Just busting your chops, pics would be a real plus. You never mentioned colors. ????

I desperately need some 1499 bulbs for my SL TL-3. Litho123 wont have for another few weeks. Sell me ONE or more PLEASE?!?!?!?!

Last edited:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have:

Blue, Deep Green, Pewter, and Camo. I MAY have an aluminum.

I figure people here know what MM's look like:)

I also have one or two of the adaptors that let you use the C cell head as a turbo-head if someone wants one.

I have no extra lamps, just the two for these and my personal MM, but let me check something and maybe I'll post here later.

As far as I know, Litho has no more Bi-pins though.

LunarModule nailed the charger idea, I like these little chargers and they actually work better than the Triton for LiIon cells, as the Triton has a very conservative charging algorithm for LiIon.

Bill

Last edited:

marcspar

Enlightened

Bill,

I'll take one in pewter! What address should I use for paypal?

Thanks,

Marc

ps - what's the run time?

Lunarmodule

Enlightened

I'd be extraordinarily grateful for one of the MM to C-head adapters... thats a piece I dont have YET but what an extraordinary idea, I'm thrilled with the possibilities!!!

I had to bust your chops about the pics, just a little, only because I have a room temperature IQ so I only respond to pitchers of stuff. I always think of sales threads without images as rather dry, unless its something like bulbs or converters or batteries. Of course the MM is no Johhny come lately in the styling department but It always helps to have something to lookit.

Otherwise it calls upon the intense application of imagination to go to work, and with some of our "unusual" minds this could lead to interesting mental pictures indeed of what a light might resemble....

Please let me know about the MM to C adapter, via PM or email. Thanks! Or really make my day and say you have a Ca1499 thats dusty but looking for a new home!

Thanks Bill!

marcspar

Enlightened
I had a great surprise package waiting for me when I got home from vacation!

Thanks for making & offering these.

Between this mini hid & the hopefully soon-to-come usl, I will cease from being a "led only" snob.

Hotwire has its place; it is just shocking to see the amount of light coming out of this minimag.

I am almost AFRAID of getting my usl.......

Thank you also for the great packaging.

Marc