Ever attach a smaller flashlight to your bigger flashlight?

Ever attach a smaller flashlight to your bigger flashlight?

• You sure there are no laws against it?

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No. Seemed kinda stupid - much like this poll.

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Yes. Momma flashlight needs her baby.

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Only a true flashaholic would get this idea. Group hug!

Votes: 28 35.4%

• Total voters

tron3

Banned
I know many people here carry a smaller backup incase the primary suddenly dies or breaks. But you ever use that keyring to attach a second light? If so, which smaller light did you attach to the larger?

I made this a poll because, well, I haven't done one in a while and am having withdrawl. :drool:

I know, the poll is kinda dumb, but the thread discussion could be interesting.

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have seen some odd piggy-backs, double-barrels, multi-directional and out-both-ends lights.

You might take a tour of this site. It is pictoral in nature. But beware. You'll be visiting the mind of a flashlight scientist gone mad...Mad,I tell you!

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually EDC a Chrome Jil DD and a Photon Freedom Micro together on the keychain but I sometimes carry my RAW U-bin with the diminutive firefli attached. I think JSB sells them. They are kewl :)

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've thought it would be cool to put a tiny photon clone in the spare bulb spot of a mag tail cap. But then I got to thinking, if the mag is converted already to luxeon, the only reason would be if the batteries die *suddenly* which would be odd. And add to the fact that my 2D mags use that space in the tail cap for a 3rd C battery, and it seems like a silly idea!

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not quite "attached" but on the lobster chain of my jil lite 1.3 I have a pico
light for sorta a low beam/high beam thing if I need just a little bit of light
and don't want to run the CR2 down. 2nd to last light on the right. VDG

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

flashlite

Enlightened
I've got an Inova Microlight attached to the lanyard of my PT40.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about attaching one light to another, but I have kept a keychain light handy for the purpose of using it to change batteries or find the bigger light in my pack.

Scott

g36pilot

Enlightened
6P with a coin cell key chain light attached via a 1 1/2 inch key chain ring through the 6P's lanyard wire loop.

You now have a tactical flashlight w/discreet lighting available. Unlike a lanyard, threading your index finger through the ring aids in light retention and control without risking damage to to body parts. In a takeaway situation the large ring allows the finger to slip out rather easily when you desire it and greater control during firearm mal or reload drills.

morituri

Newly Enlightened
I've attached a glowring to a bigger light, but never another flashlight. It just means that if you lose your big light, you lose 2 lights instead of one!

mdocod

Flashaholic
i think i should start a fresh thread with the picts in it... Mind if I use "The Mothership Has Landed" as the thread title carbine?

InfidelCastro

Banned
^ Looks like something from Close Encounters of the Third Kind. :D

I don't know why mounting a smaller flashlight to a bigger one is such a strange idea. Most spotlights nowadays tend to have a smaller, longer runtime light built into it, either small incandescant, compact flourescent or LED bulb.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyboday ever seen the King of the Hill episode where Hank uses a small can of WD40 holstered on his hip to open the larger can of WD40? This is starting to sound like it...

I think you'll be better served with one of them Pila lights with LEDs on the tail cap if you want backup though...

Flakey

Enlightened
actually i duct taped my beamshaped c3 centurian to my mag35, worked really well, the c3 lets me see whats right infront of me and then i have the big power when i need to see what down the block =)

InfidelCastro

Banned
Flakey said:
actually i duct taped my beamshaped c3 centurian to my mag35, worked really well, the c3 lets me see whats right infront of me and then i have the big power when i need to see what down the block =)

I was considering duct taping a cheap 2D with alkalines and a decent bulb to a Vector 1MCP spotlight for similiar results. :D