X5 at Fry's for $9.99

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Not sure if it's been told. Just picked up an blue led X5 for $9.99 at Fry's in San Jose, CA. I don't know if the White leds are at the same price cause there were none found at that store. There were Green and Blue available mostly in Black host. A few pewter hosts left. Looks like they're getting rid of them.

ernest

stogiez

Newly Enlightened
I checked a couple of stores here in the Dallas, TX area (Irving and Plano) and the blue and green ones are on clearance, but the white ones, are still 29.99. I found one, but did not buy it. Didn't want/have a use for it.

Both stores still had a few of each blue and green, mostly in the black body.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
stogiez said:
Didn't want/have a use for it.

Makes for a cheaper mod. I've been avoiding cracking one of my whites open because of what I paid for them initially.

-LT

vetkaw63

Enlightened
Lunal Tic,
What mod are you talking about? The X5 is great as is but, with more modern, brighter led's it would just be unbeatable!
Mike

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
vetkaw63 said:
Lunal Tic,
What mod are you talking about? The X5 is great as is but, with more modern, brighter led's it would just be unbeatable!
Mike

That's the mod. Freeze pop method for separating the parts then putting in the latest and greatest from the 5mm LED front. Might even pop a converter in there to get regulated juice to each LED.

-LT

flashlife

Enlightened
stogiez said:
I checked a couple of stores here in the Dallas, TX area (Irving and Plano) and the blue and green ones are on clearance, but the white ones, are still 29.99. I found one, but did not buy it. Didn't want/have a use for it.

FYI- Fry's in Plano now has the new X1, $19.99 +tax...

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anaheim, CA Fry's had one blue X5 for $9.99. The rest were $19.99 except for a few still marked $29.99. I didn't get the blue one as I've got enough Cr123 lights already, so it was still there last night.

xenopus

Newly Enlightened
In Austin also, a bunch of non-white colors for $9.95 (stickered $29.95) -- some other flashlights on sale also I think.

Piers!

Shirley

Newly Enlightened
Will the X-5 take a 3.7v rechargeable?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter. Fry's online doesn't even show red, much less
at discount. :awman:

John