For the current time, flashlight wise, I am satisfied

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the pickup of the new X1 for a daily pocket carry light for this moment in time, it could change any time, I am satisfied with my flashlight inventory. I honestly cannot think of a light I need or want, well want is a bit much, but need.

I have:
Inova X0 or X03s in each vehicle and for daily carry larger lights on my person and for hunting.

Also in all vehicles a 5 C cell Maglight in each vehicle.

The Inova X1 new model in my pocket.

Inova X1 old model for special uses

SF 6P and a MXDL 3 watt in the dressing table on my side

Various modded and unmodded AA and AAA MiniMags scattered around in various places and kits.

Several Brinkman Headlamps in emergency kits

Several LED lanterns, small RR and larger 20 and 30 led Sportsmans Guides

A larger lantern/spotlight/radio

RR AA and AAA models in emergency kits

Photon II Microlights scattered all over the place

My wife has:

21 LED light on her side of the bed

Brinkman Headlamp in her work bag

RR AAA in her work bag and one in purse

Several Photon IIs

And I know there are many others I am not thinking of, but for right now I honestly cannot think of any lights I NEED. I think I have most of the bases covered, anything missing here?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'll help you out here... HDS!!! ALEPH!! MCLUX!!! SUREFIRE M3T!!!

there you have it.

-David

mdocod

Flashaholic
your shirt pocket needs a river-rock 2xaaa, your other pocket probably could use an orb raw, and your bed needs a big spotlight under it.

(just kidding of cource)... enjoy your state of happyness for as long as possible!!! before the itch starts all over again!!!!

InfidelCastro

Banned
I think my River Rock 2AAA is the most useful light I've ever bought even though I dislike the sharp blue tint of the 0.5W LED. It rides in my left jeans pocket and gets used ALL THE TIME!

No fumbling in my pocket for it because it has a decent pocket clip. I always know where it is. And it's the perfect size where it's large enough to get a grip on and have decent battery capacity, but slim enough where you don't notice it's even there.

And has a decent runtime. Not to mention it's cheap so you don't have to worry about scratching/denting it up or losing it.

Never thought I'd speak so highly of a blue tinted Chinese LED light..

Now if only the Fenix L2P ran on 2AAA's and had a decent pocket clip...

Hell, even a standard 2AA Fenix L2P with a pocket clip would be neat.

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious as to which light you use while hunting? Thanks!

tron3

Banned

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
"For the current time, flashlight wise, I am satisfied"

Don't worry, it'll pass.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
IRP, up until last year I used a Minimag for hunting, last year I switched to an Inova X0 and have been very happy with it so far. I do not like a big flashlight as it becomes a bother to carry for day and days for hours at a time. It is plenty bright enough, much brighter than the Minimag. Has longer throw, comsiderably more than a minimag with less sidespill to be reflected in the brush (you would be surprised at how disconcerting that can be when you are looking for your stand in pitch black) on those early morning walks to stands.

I thought about the Inova X03 but I find no advantage in the brighter light with less battery run time.

I also keep a Brinkman headlamp in my bag for cleaning and dragging out an animal after dark where for both of those tasks you need both hands free.

One thing I keep tossing about is either a blue X5 or a blue Nite Eize for a minimag for blood trailing at night, I have heard it works well.

carrot

Flashaholic
Lee1959 said:
One thing I keep tossing about is either a blue X5 or a blue Nite Eize for a minimag for blood trailing at night, I have heard it works well.
You see? You're not really satisfied after all!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I am satisfied with what I have, the blue light would be more of an impulse buy that so far I think of and dismiss, but if a cheap blue Nite eyze kit passes my way I might just have a Minimag for it... I dont really consider this a new light as much as improving one I own for cheap to satisfy curiosity.

not2bright

Enlightened
Lee1959,

I will echo what cheapo said, "HDS"!

The HDS EDC line is an awesome light that replaces most of your other lights. It is a multitasker (borrowed from Alton Brown) that fits so many situations. Need low light, check. Need high output throw, check. Long, long, long runtime, check. Small size, excellent build quality, single cell, rugged, check, check, check, check!

I grab it almost anytime I head out at night. With this light you know you have a fit for any situation and it is easy to carry. That said, for general low power use I have fallen for the "new" X1 as well, but even considering the price the EDC (especially the Basic) is the equal to 4 or more lights without the cost or size of 4 quality lights.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's hard to imagine being totally satisfied.

I have a good, diverse selection, but it is easy for me to find something else that I'm interested in. I may not need it, but I'm interested in it.

1. I like my Pelican M6 LED but I'm interested in getting something a little better, maybe a Streamlight TL-2 LED.
2. I would like to try a LuxV, maybe one of the Nuwai models.
3. I don't have a Surefire, maybe I need an E1L.
4. All this talk about the Fenix, maybe I need an L1P.
5. I've got a few more mags that are just begging for mods, maybe a Diamond LED, maybe a Space Needle clone.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED1059
Re:"For the current time, flashlight wise, I am satisfied"

That'll pass............. VDG

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try a mini mini mag with a nexgen 750 and a ims 20. I'm very impressed so far. One of the really great things that this light is capable of that not even the HDS can is soften and spread the hotspot. This really is a nice , frequently overlooked feature of these lights.

It can be run on 1 li-ion or 2 alkaline/nimh (by spending a whopping 6.22 cents at target and getting a complete minimag).

If everything goes well the NiteIze IQ switch will add multilevel functionality, darkness location and other features. Around 8 bucks.

Hell, if you skip the cutdown you can have it all for around 60 dollars and have a host that is so easily replaceable that HA3 is almost pointless since you can change hosts to fit your oufit, your eyes, even the holiday season.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I've felt that way for a while, although I've found that since its belt pounch failed, the L1P is just a bit too large for pocket carry (I had the original, not-so-durable belt pouch).

The only immediate purchases I see on the horizon are a CR2 "L-Series," possibly a McGizmo PD-III, and maybe the Surefire "Mini-Beast;" alsso toss the Surefire "pocket rocket" into that category.

This is odd, given that I just received a fat bonus check...