Wuben        

Thread: Terralux TLE-100

Flashaholic

Default Terralux TLE-100

Does anyone have information on the TLE-100 Maxcharger3 which is now on the Terraluxbiz website?

It is advertised as a replacement LED for the Mag rechargeable system. Has regulated circuitry and claims 100 lumens with a 6 hour run time.

Wondering if anyone owns one and could confirm the brightness and run time. Also what is the beam like......smooth and even spot, or jagged comet tail etc...

This must be a very new product, since google search turned up nothing.......
    not even on Terralux's website. I think I would spend the $34.95 if it passes muster. Even tho, hmmmm, 100 lumens is not much compared to the OEM incandescent, but I like that run time.

Default Re: Terralux TLE-100

For all those who are interested, INCLUDING ME! Here is the link: http://www.terralux.biz/products/doc...axCharger3.pdf
    Primary duty lights: (metal) Elektrolumens Pentalux 4C; (polymer) Pelican M8 LED; (hybrid) StreamLight 3C-XP
    Searchlight: AE PowerLight PL14
    Back-up mini lights: Nuwai TM301X-5, X-3, X-1
    Special LED signaling lights: Torfino ICE light, Inova 24/7, Adventurelights VIP

NYPD flag, adopted in 1919

& also the non PDF products page with the MSRP of $34.95: http://www.terralux.biz/products/index.php#newproduct
    Primary duty lights: (metal) Elektrolumens Pentalux 4C; (polymer) Pelican M8 LED; (hybrid) StreamLight 3C-XP
    Special LED signaling lights: Torfino ICE light, Inova 24/7, Adventurelights VIP

I don't know, that "shock mount" looks like it'd provide a lot of heat isolation/trapping inside the module

I'm glad to see it uses a Fraen LP collimator, it produces a nice smooth beam.

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED
    I don't know, that "shock mount" looks like it'd provide a lot of heat isolation/trapping inside the module
    I would figure you could put vents/slots/holes in the mount to increase the cooling...

Quote Originally Posted by greenLED
    I'm sure they have done testing to make sure it wouldn't overheat.

Yes, these are brand new and we only got our first samples last week. They've been working on it since I was there last summer. The issue was how easily it fell out when dropped, hence the foam doughnuts. Heat hasn't been an issue and the run times are legit according to our tests. We sell a ton of the NiCAD replacement bulbs for the rechargeable Mags, more than any other bulb by far, they only last an hour or so at best & break when dropped. Just for the savings in battery costs and regular bulb replacements they are worth it in my opinion. We make LED replacements using those same Fraen lenses, good colimated beam, it's a 10 degree, narrow they are using, info here fyi: http://www.fraensrl.com/images/FSG_L..._Datasheet.pdf
    Diamond LED Bulbs
    250 H Street
    Blaine, WA

Steve,

Does this mean DiamondLED will be selling these?

John

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by john2551
    Steve,

Does this mean DiamondLED will be selling these?

John
    Already on sale for $35:
    http://www.quality-items-flashlights...hargeable.html

I hope that Doug @ www.flashlightreviews.com does a test of these!

Smile Re: Terralux TLE-100

Just to let everyone know, I will be selling the TerraLUX TLE-100 when they come out in mid April for $32.95 I have a sample TLE-100 I am testing in a Mag Charger and It looks real good. The beam is bright white with a clean spot with few artifacts. Runtime is about 5 to 6 hours.
    Here is a link to the page
    http://store.led-replacement.com/yhs...33/tle100.html
    Thanks!
    led_replacement
    Last edited by led_replacement; 03-23-2006 at 06:15 AM.

Yes! I have a question though. Is that a rubber or foam surround?
    LUX'Ottica

Smile Re: Terralux TLE-100

It looks and feels like black foam. Also even when the TLE-100 is on for a long time it does not heat up very much at all.

Interesting. Thanks for the reply and looking forward to it then.
    LUX'Ottica