Question about CFP sellers and PayPal

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am signing up for a PayPal personal account. I will not connect PayPal to my bank account and instead want to use a credit card to pay sellers through PayPal.

When I see individuals selling items on CandlePowerForums post their PayPal ID (email address), almost none of them mentions credit cards. Do I pay these sellers through PayPal using my credit card?

When I pay sellers through PayPal using my credit card, will my credit card company treat it as a cash advance (and charge me extra)?

I'm not sure how all this works.

Thanks.

Last edited:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most sellers specifically mention if they cannot accept CC's, which depends on the PayPal acount type. When you use your CC for paypal, you'll see two transactions appear. The first transaction shows PP charging your CC, and the second shows PP transferring the money to the seller. My PP CC charges show as normal charges, not cash advances.

greenLED

Flashaholic
People need a Premier account to accept CC payments; those accounts then carry extra fees, regardless of the form of payment. That's why some people avoid enabling CC payments to begin with, others will have separate accounts for CC-only and cash payments.

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ve just registered with paypal but I still cant make payment to the seller. DO i need to upgrade my account before i can sent money?