Will be leaving CPF for a while

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I decide I will give up CPF for lent (late yes, but better late than never right?) starting this Friday. I also want to prove to myself that I am not an adict. My wallet could use a break too. :) I will see you guys. Thanks.

Nothing like a nice break. :)

-David

Last edited:

B@rt

Flashaholic
cheapo said:
So I would appreciate if you guys could post updates for anying. For example when a pic of the Fenix P1 comes out, the New PM1 & M3, new Inova 3w, ect. So If you could help me out and post updates on ANYTHING within the next month, even if it is the smallest of things, that would be great. Thanks.

-David

I suggest they don't do that, and that you would search the actual threads yourself. :ironic:

Posts about running topics are very likely closed...

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was thinking of starting a new thread when you come back. It will be a group thread for us previous people who came back from lent. I'll call it FA.

I was looking for any members familiar with the goings on in FA type groups in that they may be able to facilitate the thread. I'll let you know how it goes ;)

chrisse242

Enlightened
cheapo said:
I decide I will give up CPF for lent (late yes, but better late than never right?) starting this Friday. I also want to prove to myself that I am not an adict. So I would appreciate if you guys could post updates for anying. For example when a pic of the Fenix P1 comes out, the New PM1 & M3, new Inova 3w, ect. So If you could help me out and post updates on ANYTHING within the next month, even if it is the smallest of things, that would be great. Thanks.

-David

You're not trying to prove you're not an addict, you're trying to get your fix delivered to your doorstep instead of going to the next dark corner to get it.

If you really want to prove it, you need to lock away all of your lights (better send them to me, and I'll take care of them), block any mails from cpf, avoid flashlight sections in the shops.

After you have stayed away from anything light-related for one month, you'll find out that abstinence is the best evidence for an addiction that's out of control...

Chrisse

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
chrisse242 said:
You're not trying to prove you're not an addict, you're trying to get your fix delivered to your doorstep instead of going to the next dark corner to get it.

Chrisse

Can you please explain that to me, I am afraid I dont understand.

Nice try, but I wont send u my lights to "take care of."

-David

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I cant have u post updates, I guess I will just ask if anyone could PM me as the updates come. Thanks.

-David

chrisse242

Enlightened
cheapo said:
Can you please explain that to me, I am afraid I dont understand.

Nice try, but I wont send u my lights to "take care of."

-David

Not? And I thought I got you. :nana:

Well, I thought you wanted us to post updates to this thread so you could get them through e-mail notification. I didn't think about the fact that after the software update, you'll only get one update for each thread and have to log in to get more.
Now it's up to me to understand what you where asking for initially. :thinking:

Chrisse

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, initially I was asking if you could post updates ON THIS THREAD, but I was told that you cant. I was thinking about searching, but i wouldnt know what to search for.

-David

greenLED

Flashaholic
cheapo said:
I decide I will give up CPF for lent (late yes, but better late than never right?) starting this Friday. I also want to prove to myself that I am not an adict.

Dude, quit fooling around, kidding yourself, and wasting our time. Log off *now* and come back in a month. Period. :wave:

:nana:
OK, I'm only half-joking. Do feel free to take a solid break. Have fun "out there" and don't forget to take a light and batts with you.

PS. Addict is spelled with "dd" :nana:

chrisse242

Enlightened
Well, that was exactly my point. You're saying you want to prove you're not an addict, but you still try to stay up to date / get your fix. And to achieve this, you're asking us to do your work. Think about it, you're asking us to monitor cpf for you, that nearly is a 24/7 job, at least if you really want updates on ANYTHING.

I think the Idea of "lent" is to actually do without something (meat/alcohol/flashlights?) How do you expect to do this with pm's coming every day?

Chrisse

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I don't see anyway possible to keep updates posted in one place for just one person on something like this.

I thought Lent was giving up something that's supposed to represent a sacrifice in your life. For you to come back and get "updates" on what you missed while sacrificing - doesn't that defeat the purpose? :thinking:

Guess I'm confused?

chrisse242

Enlightened
Sigman said:
I don't see anyway possible to keep updates posted in one place for just one person on something like this.

I thought Lent was giving up something that's supposed to represent a sacrifice in your life. For you to come back and get "updates" on what you missed while sacrificing - doesn't that defeat the purpose? :thinking:

Guess I'm confused?

Great minds think alike... :laughing:

Chrisse

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman said:

Guess I'm confused?

You guys have a really good point, and i am really wondering why i didnt think about that in the first place. OK GUYS, JUST ACT LIKE I DIDNT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT UPDATES. :)

This is my last post, see you guys in a while....

-David

B@rt

Flashaholic
fc90e5072ai.gif
:p