surefire shipping and service (long)

lampare

Newly Enlightened
Does any one know how long surefire takes to ship I ordered 2 lights and some accessories. It has been about two weeks. Called them to ask about it they said some were back ordered they hold the products until they come in to ship.Is this normal practice? Are they busy filling military orders? Anyone else have this situation or am I being too picky? Great site found it about 3 weeks ago looking for a good flashlight sick and tired of all the junk out there. Another hobby to drain my wallet.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it is a normal practice for companies to take orders and then later reveal that some or all of it is back ordered. Whenever I place an order for anything I check to make sure all items are in stock, and what the timeline will be.

Normally I don't place orders for items that are not in stock -- too many of my orders have been screwed up that way. I just ask when I should call back to place the order.

The few times I have ordered from SureFire they were prompt. But that was after I verified the items were in stock. . .

Scott

Yooper

Enlightened
Back ordered is back ordered. They usually ship promptly when they have product. I ordered some stuff late last night online and they shipped it this morning.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Just curious if you knew about OpticsHQ in the Dealers and also the Group Buys and Passarounds forum instead of ordering direct from SureFire. That's all. . .

—Enjoy!

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent a U2 in for repair. They opted to replace the entire head assembly. This part was back ordered, and the whole process took forty days. Many have told me I was lucky to have such a "short" wait.

I've bought Surefires from the local gun shop. I also stop in occasionally just to browse. Sometimes I chat with the guy behind the counter, and he often notes how long it takes for Surefire to send him new stock, and how often they are back ordered on particular models.

Unfortunately, I think it is par for the course.

furls

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a L4 from Surefire for a friends birthday about three months ago. They said it was in stock but after a week and a half, I called and they said it was back ordered (very snotty associate). Another week went by and I called again, the represenative stated that they had plenty, always had and that they would get one out soon.

I canceled my order and went elsewhere.

I'm sure its an isolated event but it sure burned me as the gift didn't arrive until after the birthday. Then I found this site... enough said.

firefly99

Enlightened
I sent in my old gen KL3 for servicing last year. It is almost 4 months now and I am still waiting.

Had place an order for a KL5 - BK last year, 6 months had past still no news. Although KL5 - HA is available.

Scottiver

Enlightened
If I were you I would call Surefire and cancel your order, and order from either lighthound.com or from a guy named oldgrandpajack who sells surefires in the buy/sell/trade section of this website. I guarantee you that if you order from either of these gentlemen on a monday you will have your flashlight in your hands no later than thursday. And they usually sell their products for 10-20% less than full retail. For a manufacturer to have their own products back ordered makes no sense to me. Good luck.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
You would think that after telling themselves over and over that they have world class customer service that would at least put some effort into it.
Welcome to CPF lampare, there are far better ways to aquire a light than through Surefire direct. If oldgrandpajack has what you need drop him a line, and prepare to be impressed.

SCblur

Enlightened
I agree with Pydpiper. I love surefire lights, but I wouldn't buy from them direct. I bought a 9P for a friend this christmas. I ordered it in early December, and didn't get it until late January. Go somewhere else for a SF if you can, like Lighthound, or a dealer on the forums here.

Good luck

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ty_Bower said:
I sent a U2 in for repair. They opted to replace the entire head assembly. This part was back ordered, and the whole process took forty days. Many have told me I was lucky to have such a "short" wait.

You ruined my night! I sent my U2 in for repair only 3 weeks ago. I called in earlier this week and they told me that they were also replacing the entire head assembly.

Anybody got a Snickers bar?

Do you think that the wait is done by design? To discourage returns maybe?

-Goatee

lampare

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the help,I cancelled my surefire order. I will be reordering from the dealers on CPF. P.S. I ordered a fenix on monday it got here today. CHEERS for fenix.