How many Songs?

ATVMan

Newly Enlightened
How many songs do u have on your computer? i have exactly 1375 songs which i thought was alot until my friend showed me that he has close to 11000.:wow:

paulr

Flashaholic
I'm not sure. I have a lot of live recordings that I made myself. Sometimes I'll have a single mp3 of a jam session, that's a couple hours long and has dozens of songs in it. Maybe I have a total of 5gb or so of these recordings so far (I just got the recorder last year) and most of them are crap, but there's some nice ones buried in there. My hope one of these days is to get around to separating out the good stuff and cataloguing it.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had almost 5,000 at one time, now zero. My HD died :poof: and I lost them all. I might have 600 or so that where saved on thumb drives, CD's, DVD's.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 8000 but it gets irritating because some tracks didn't rip right and they've got weird noises going on. I usually hear them when I've got it on shuffle and don't usually get up fast enough to see which track it is so I can re-rip it. :hairpull:

-LT

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably between one and two thousand, the bulk of which came when good ole Napster was free. God I could find some obscure songs there, even some local artist recordings. www.allofmp3s has quite the variety and is neatly catalogued but still doesn't beat the original free Napster.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Windows Media Player reports 6089 songs in my library, all stored on an external network hard disk. Totals about 38GB, around half of that was ripped from CD's, tapes, and vinyl albums I own.

All that info is on hand because I just recently bought a 20GB iriver mp3 player that I've been in the process of loading up. Only about 1000 or so songs on it currently. ;)

goldenlight

Enlightened
I have 6,018.

I have a lot of files where I converted my music CD's to MP3 files, and used them to make CD's for my car, with my favorite tracks in the order I want.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had just over 17,000 at one point, but I've burned most of those onto DVDs.

According to my search, I have 6,975, 2,744 of which are 'mine' that is, they were ripped by me from my own CDs.

Not real sure how the rest of them got in here!
nana.gif

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I stopped adding more when I joined CPF!! Not enough time anymore! So I ended up with a little over 8000 which take up about 25 to 30 GB

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm curious, does everyone have their computers hooked up to a nice stereo or something? Or just plain ole computer speakers? Headphones?

Edit: Nevermind, I'll start a new thread. Many apologies for attempting to drag this one off topic.
Cheers.:buddies:

Last edited:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in the same boat as Morelite. Had a few thousand then my #2 hard drive died. No backup since I didn't consider the music that important. Well, that was stupid. I'll never have the time to rip all that again. Right now I just have 184.