Newest noob introduction

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I don't know if I'm the newest noob, but I'm new. Sort of new anyway. I signed up a few years ago in the early days of CPF but only posted a couple of times. I tried to log in with that name a few months ago and the user name wasn't recognized. I've been lurking around here off and on (flashlight humor) throughout.

My name is Paul Dxxxxxxx, and I post on some forums under that or Paul D., but I also use Alloy Addict. It describes a common thread I found in some of my obsessions, things made of metal alloys. Knives, bicycles, firearms, and flashlights to name a few, with a wee bit of a titanium fetish involved.

I'm not nearly as technically proficient or educated as a lot of people here, but I'll try not to say anything too stupid.:ohgeez:

Last edited:

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Thanks for the welcom you all!

I had a reply written out with most of my lights listed, since Carrot asked. When I hit "Submit this post" everything froze. I ended up having to shut that window and lost the post. So Carrot, you'll have to wait until tomorrow at least to hear about my mediocre collection.:awman:

nethiker

Enlightened
Welcome back Paul. :wave:

Seems like a good time around here for those who like Ti. Several cool little flashlights in the works. Did you check out the proto that Don donated in the Raffle? I look forward to reading your posts.

Greg

greenLED

Flashaholic
Alloy Addict said:
Thanks for the welcom you all!

I had a reply written out with most of my lights listed, since Carrot asked. When I hit "Submit this post" everything froze. I ended up having to shut that window and lost the post. So Carrot, you'll have to wait until tomorrow at least to hear about my mediocre collection.:awman:

If you're using Internet Explorer, there's a known bug when quoting text of a post or a PM. Place your text before the first quote brackets, and/or switch to FireFox. There's a couple of thread on the Questions/Problems sections in case you want to learn more.

Welcome back.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip GreenLED. I frequent other forums that use this software and never had that problem. I'll have to start using Firefox more often I guess. I use IE because I still haven't figured out how to make my multi button mouse work with Firefox.

Here's a list of most of my lights for Carrot, and anyone else that cares. Not too exciting by CPF standards. Unfortunately, between my other interests and having a house that is a bit of a "fixer upper" I don't get to spend nearly enough money on the stuff I want, so no Ti lights yet.
broke.gif

LED

• Photon II (white, blue, turquoise, green, and maybe yellow)
  • Inova Microlight
  • CMG Infinity (very early one, amber LED)
  • Arc AAA (white, fairly early one, EDC on keychain)
  • Arc AAA Limited Edition (white)
  • Arc AAA (one of the last batch that just say Arc on them)
  • Princeton Tec Impact
  • Inova X1
  • Inova X5t (the "sterile" one)
  • River Rock 2C
  • Black Diamond Moonlight (II?) headlamp
  • Longbow Micra w/ clicky switch, UCL and reflector

Incandescent

• Surefire E2e
  • Surefire G2
  • Tekna Microlight (single 123 cell)
  • Mini Mag with Kroll (waiting to become ??, I bought it because I had the Kroll switch)
  • 20 year old Mini Mag (my first "nice" light, just died)
  • Several other Mag products (2AAA, 2D…)
  • 20 year old Brinkmann (converts from 5D cells to 3D or 2D)
  • Princeton Tec 2AA
  • Several other cheap lights in various forms

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I just looked at the raffle lights donated by Don M. :wow: I guess I'll have to get in on my first raffle.:devil: