I wanna Mod my SF L1

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
I have a first Gen L1 (I think, got it several years back). I want more throw. What can I put on it to give me more throw and still keep the regulated light?

Are the electronics in the head or the body? If you unscrew the head from the body, is the body now just a battery tube?

Tried searching the forums but could not find anything.

hogx1

Newly Enlightened
DELLED said:
I have a first Gen L1 (I think, got it several years back). I want more throw. What can I put on it to give me more throw and still keep the regulated light?

Are the electronics in the head or the body? If you unscrew the head from the body, is the body now just a battery tube?

Tried searching the forums but could not find anything.

Try snapping your wrist just before letting it go. Oh and make sure you go overhand, not underhand :p

... Sorry had to

Bogie

Enlightened
The electronics are in the body (dumb heads) you could either get a newer gen head of i believe the optc in the first gen's can be swaped for a reflector without modifaction. What color is your L1/

DELLED

Newly Enlightened
White / Black body

How much is a Gen 2 head?

How much is a different reflector?

Where do you find the above? SF?

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
The early L1s had low dome LEDs and NX05 optics. I like the the early heads for mod hosts! SF doesn't sell the heads seperately. :( I suggest finding a good-bin, high dome LED and a modded McR20 reflector from the Sandwich Shoppe. The reflector will require shortening from the front. I think cy, Chop and milkeyspit can do the mod.

Larry