How does the Inova T3 compare to the competition?

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
widget said:

What?

There's been a competition?

Who won?

What the heck are all you people doing here?!!

...Ah...

What I meant to say is which lights do you want the T3 compared to, Mine is on order (Yipee!!).

P.S. Check out Fusion_M8's post over on LED page for a good tale!!

Try Quickbeam's site for all the comparisons you could want, and then go to led museum and then try all the links...and then just buy up all the competition...forever...until you go blind...and then just fondle your torches and feel the heat from the badly designed ones...

'...you're a light wait...you're fired!...' Sir Alan Sugar.(pun intended)

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
widget said:

It is a good light for medium range. It is almost all throw, with just a few outer rings for spill (very little). It does a good job of lighting up a man sized target. If you are looking for light with flood to fill up a room, then the T3 is not it. If you want to illuminate targets at medium distance, then it works well. The build quality of the T3 is superb.

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
Agreed. I bought one as a gift. I took it out of the box to check it out and decided that the complete lack of spill makes it less than desirable for an all-around flashlight. Since I was buying it for my dad as a main light, I decided to go with something else. Maybe its just me, but I like plenty of spill beam. The build quality IS superb, and I'm sure that a light with no spill is desirable is some situations.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, the T3 is probably the best value out there in a 2 cell "compact yet powerful" LED light. As others have said, the build quality is great and the output is impressive. The switch works well. Some people don't like the beam pattern, but I find that it is fine for its purpose since the light is bright enough that any indoor use will achieve spill through reflection off of other objects. Considering it can be had for $45 often on B/S/T, it is quite a lot of light for the money- many other smaller, dimmer, less robust lights go for this price.

Mrd 74

Enlightened
Since buying mine shortly after it was released, I no longer purchase mid-range lights. The T3 suits my needs perfectly for an outdoor light, a bit of overkill indoors though but thats what my Arc-P AAA is for.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not have the T3, I have the X03, so it is used for my answer. For me personally, having tried out a number of lights of my own and others, including the SL Pro Poly, for my personal preferences and uses, the only competition the the X03 has is the X0 in a medium sized two battery light for every day use and carry. One has an edge in output and throw (the X03) and the other has an edge in battery life (X0 at just about double the runtime). I have both and use both, for hunting I like the X0 because of its longer battery life. For almost every other use I like the X03.

I find that the "spotlight" beam is a lot more user friendly to my eyes at least than a lot of people seem to think, I think it lights up a very decent area, and the wider foddy beams seem to be just so Ummm visible and even intrusive if used in an urban environment, and in a brushy or woody area they reflect off everything and make it harder to navigate, it is like putting up a neon sign saying here I am.

Along with the X1 I just bought, I have what works very well for me.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I eye checked the INOVA T3 compared to Surefire's L1,G2,L4 and E2e.

The only one I thought came close was the L4 (Yes...that will be on order too, soon). But I really like the look and feel of the T3 over all of them.

If you want a low cost high end outdoors torch, I'd probably recommend it.

(Runtime not as good as the T2 but much more intense light - a winner).

...let's straight up!...

liquidsix

Enlightened
This is a bit of an old thread but I just got a T3 last week. Now I have a Streamlight Scorpion LED and a T3.

I have to say, I'm less than impressed with the T3 compared to the Scorpion, it's has a nicer looking body but that's it. The Scorpion is cheaper, lighter, easier to click on (T3 is stiff), has a brighter hotspot and SPILL! My only quam was the rubber body that slips off when you click it on but a little glue fixes that. As far as runtime goes, it's kinda cool that the T3 goes 100% the whole way, but that's not actually a good thing when the light goes out without warning and you're left in the dark.

city cop

Newly Enlightened
I loved my T3 till I got the Pentagon L2. My L2 throws better and has very good flood as well. Both are about the same price and you have the many head options to the Pentagon. IMO