Sorry, One More LED Flashlight Question

ront

Newly Enlightened
I think I am starting to feel like the guy who cried wolf to many times:thinking:. You guys have tried to help me so much already. I do have the $$ in hand. I think I am wanting the SF U2, but I am a bit put off by all the problems I have read about. I am sure there are many that have no problems at all though. If I do buy the U2, it will be from opticsHQ. I see that they also sell the HDS lights. Here is my question. In the same price range as the U2 (price from opticsHQ) is there any other light from any mfg, that I should also be considering? I like the adjustibility of the U2 as well as possible the HDS Ultimate series of lights. I am ready to get something, please help me decide.

Thanks, Ron

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire Kroma.

That's what I am waiting for anyway. It will be out in a few months (or so).

Other ones in that price range to rule out are the Night-Ops Gladius, McLuxIII-PD, and the SureFire combat incans, like the M6 or M3T. Can't think of any others off the top of my head.

If you don't want any of those as much as the U2, go for it.

Scott

greenLED

Flashaholic
You're comparing 2 completely different lights between the U2 and the HDS.

What do you want the light for?
How do you intend to carry it?
Do you want to be able to use rechargeables?

I'd buy a second U2 any day (provided I had the funds and the need). After getting one, though, I feel like I don't need many more lights. Regardless of the problems, SF will fix *anything*, so what else could you as for?

ront

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the U2 from OpticsHQ:). Thanks for the help over the last 2 or 3 weeks on this one guys. GreenLED, I really do appreciate your help on this. I am very glad that you said a few times to look at OpticsHQ. Mike helped me out and answered all of my questions. I would not have been able to get the U2 with out going there!:thanks:.

Ron

greenLED

Flashaholic
No problem, ront. I know we've corresponded about similar questions before, but I figured posting some of the questions I asked you might help other people make a decision too.
Here's to hoping you receive a *flawless* new light.