started my garden

raggie33

*the raggedier*
planted some haberno seeds and cayane and cilatro and others man i hope they come out i never stared from seeds before and in 10 minutes stroms from hect will be here

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
The storm just passed here. Lots of wind and a brief but hard rain. I hope your seeds don't get washed away.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there not in the ground there in some odd little green house thingy starer kit but im sure they cant survive inside cause there is no sunshine im so excited i love gardens last year i had 3 plants maybe 4 but they didnt go out to june but they was bought as small plants i hope i do better this year.im so waiting to the cilantro grows what a great spice .but when ever ya by it from store it dont last long

magic79

Enlightened
Ha. Me too.

Planted Primroses in the dark on Tuesday. Now, it's snowing! First March snowfall in the Portland, Oregon area since the '50s! (global warming?)

Hopefully, they will survive, but they didn't have much time to root.

rodfran

Enlightened
Welcome to gardening, raggie! It is lots of fun.
My lettuce and radishes are about ready to pick from my winter garden. This weekend I am going to put in some more of my tomato plants. I also grow plants
from seed.

The starter domes are for temperature and humidity control. Sometimes heating from the bottom helps germination of certain seeds. They sell heating mats, but I just use an old heating pad set on low and monitor temperature in the dome with a thermometer.
Usually 70-80 F does the trick.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
do ya think its ok that i have the planters outside the seeds are in pots outside i think we already had are last day below 32 f its like 65 today but the nights get cold im just afraid to get dirt insdie house

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
It's supposed to be in the 80's around here tomorrow. Guess it's time to turn over some soil and start looking for some plants. I promised myself I'd get an early start this year.

Geoff

cosine

Newly Enlightened
Enjoy the garden you planted raggie. I like some hot peppers, I hope the ones you planted grow well.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alaskawolf -wow those are some veggies! what do you do with those kale leaves, beside side barns? kale pizza anyone? :)

..um..I was wondering, do you think you could try growing a couple plants for me? I could send you a few, er, bird seeds, and we'll see what comes up-- what do you say ?
:lolsign:

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
alaskawolf said:
damn its -31F outside so the gardening season is still a long way off up here :(

im going to go and help my mom out with her garden this summer. 24 hours of daylight sure grows some really nice and big veggies :)

http://www.recordholders.org/en/records/vegetables2.html
this guy has some big veggies

Enjoyed the pictures of your giant vegies.
Not that we don't trust you, but how do we know from the pictures that may be you are tiny peoples and the vegies are normal size?:sssh:

dcarch8

raggie33

*the raggedier*
still no sprouting .its been 4 days i figur they would at least start by now.hope i didnt mess em up.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
raggie read the first paragraph of the link I posted; it says it can take up to FIVE WEEKS. (some sprout in as little as 14 days...)

if want something to sprout in 4 days, try sea monkies.
(how long do brine shrimp eggs take??)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol thats way to long ..i should of bought small plants instead. cause at least i know they will sprout lol

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
I made a 400 watt metal halide light with electronic ballast to start tomatoes indoors.

With mirrored reflective Mylar sheets around the grow area, everything is doing great.

Looking forward to all kinds of juicy varieties of tomatoes this year.

dcarch8

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im so jazzed about it. something amazeing about makeing ya own food.some one here last year grew a bunch a habenos they looks so amazeing

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend used to mix some wacky weed in with his corn. When you think of growing that stuff, you think of warm climates like Hawaii but this was in Vermont.