I need a flashlight

logan

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm young French flashlights newbie, and I seek a refillable pocket flashlight with its battery and charger, and i seek THE most POWERFUL !!!

If you could advise me.

Thank you !

Last edited:

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Logan,
Welcome to CPF! :) :)

Get one of those 75 watt HID lantern type lights... rechargable and costs around $800. If you can handle the size, weight and cost... your search is over! :thumbsup:

If not, let us know what you require as far as runtime, brightness, size, battery type, switching type, LED, bulbs or HID bulbs and other factors. We can advise (and fight about) what would suit your needs.

Enjoy your time here and keep watch on your wallet! :)

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

Pocket flashlight, huh?? Hmmm. I don't think corporate lighting will provide what you're looking for..lucky for you there are some really nice lights that can be used with rechargable batteries :)

Somy Nex

Enlightened
well, there are more than a few candidates, but you really need to describe in more detail what you want from the light, and what size you consider "pocket-sized" as it differs for everyone.

There are a whole lot of lights with screaming bright output you can consider, off the top of my head, there's the Mr. Bulk Chameleon, DSpeck FireFlyIII, Orb Raw, Orb Raw NS, Jil Intelli, Peak Rainer (CPF Special), Amilite NeoT3. All these in the list require rechargeable li-on batteries to run at optimal performance, except for the Amilite, which need to run on non-rechargeable batteries. They all also have their pros and cons, but it's probably best for you to read up firsthand on these, instead of me boring you with my impressions =)

logan

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I have some difficulties with English, when I speak about "pocket flashlight", I wanted to speak about flashlights of this size and this kind:

surefire-9p-02.jpg

It does not matter for the bulb and others factors, I seek the most luminous :)
Give me your only one choice each one ;) I would choose then.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
logan said:
...I seek a refillable pocket flashlight with its battery and charger...

As you mention battery and chargewr, I suppose you mean a rechargeable flashlight? Most flashlights are refillable, just take out the batteries and replace them with anything you like... New batteries, cottage cheese, pebbles, fish, applesauce you can't even begin to imagine how many things there are out there you can refill a flashlight with. :laughing:

But seriously, you might want to take a look at the wolfeyes flashlights. Like the Wolf Eyes 9A Raider, there is a rechargeable version of it, and its supposed to put out 200 lumen...

oh, and welcome to CPF... :wave:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
for the beginner: Surefire 9N! -->link: http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/949/sesent/00

Sorry to say logan, most people here are well too extreme, when You say "most powerful" :)
Browse around here, You will find very much info AND learn some english (that was the reason I started reading this site).
THEN I got too many info, and wanted some of the lights mentionned and occasionally had some money to be able to spend it, then ...
;)

--> hooked

PS: a good 3 Watt LED light is what I use now. The 9N is stronger but the LED seems brighter

DaveG

Enlightened
How about the Peak Led Solutions Rainier model,small,bright, you can recharge the batteries or use a 123 cell. Fits in a pocket,happy hunting.:)

mobile1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'd go for the Indium Smart (jsburlysbenchmark.com) - you can update and upgrade as LED's get better and more powerfull. A bit pricey but one flashlight could cover all your existing and future needs.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome Logan!

Maybe the Vortex Vision TR5 is one that is "fit to be tried" by you.

Length: 19 cm approx.
Weight w/battery: 460 g
Battery: 6V 1.5Ah NiMh
Runtime: 1 hour 20 minutes approx.
Lumen: 105 according to manufacturer

It does come with a Smart Battery Charger, extra battery and nylon holster in its attache, since that is how this product is packaged.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy! :wave:

logan

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
How much money are you willing to spend?

200 to 250 euros, that gives 240 to 300 dollar.

Some could find that too much, but I prefere to buy a single quality product which will hold me a long time, than to encumber me with several poor lamps.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
For that money, you have a whole wide array of options =)

Since you seem to be looking at things that are somewhat bigger than the lights I listed in my first post, here are a few more to chew on =P Someone has already suggested the U2, I can also suggest along the U2 lines, a LuxV HD-45 from the sandwich shoppe. (check the McGizmo and sandwich shoppe sections in the forum for more details). Do a search for "outdoor shootout" by Kiessling where you can see several lights in action =) By Monday I should have added the HD45 and FireFlyIII to my own little page in the link below =)

If you would like to go incandescent, the new Wolfeyes Rattlesnake 9MX or the Pila GL4 (both somewhat similar) are both good options with rechargeable capabilities, though I think they will go brighter on non-rechargeable batteries. Surefire's M3/T / M4/T are also very bright options, [edit: though i am not aware of any rechargeable solutions for them], and you can get great prices if you look at GreenLED's "CPF specials" thread in the Dealer's section. OpticsHQ provides great prices on them, but you will have to sign up to take full advantage.

Also Cmacclel's Mini-HID is about the size of a 1 1/2 D Maglite (cut down from a 2D i think), but is incredibly bright, rivaling the Surefire M6 (but it is a HID so it will take about 8-10 seconds to 'warm up' to full brightness).

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
For that kind of money, you could get pretty much any light you want out of the Surefire lineup... and most other handheld production lights as well.

My personal choice for that much money would be a Surefire M3 or M3T, but since you want a rechargeable (without hassle), the Surefire 9AN like yellow originally suggested would be a good choice.

I was under the impression that OpticsHQ does not sell overseas.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
OpticsHQ does ship overseas =) and they give a couple options for type of shipping too. =) that's one of the main reasons I order from them! their customer service is great and they're one of class acts out there! =)

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a McLuxIII PD. Or a sureFire 9P and get some P91 globes for 200 lumen.
Or get a MrBulk Chameleon.
Or go to Lighthound.com and shop.
Or find a nice mut.
Keep your eye on the BST forum. Be quick because the best stuff goes QUICK.
welcome.
Yaesumofo

logan said:
Hello,

I'm young French flashlights newbie, and I seek a refillable pocket flashlight with its battery and charger, and i seek THE most POWERFUL !!!

If you could advise me.

Thank you !