Ordered a FF-III some questions on levels and heat

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All,
Took the plunge and ordered the Fire~Fly III from DSpeck and have a few questions from those that own one.

My use for the light is for house walking around at night and early in the morning and not waking my wife. This will be the low level and stock is level 3 from my understanding. This should be OK for me although I might go up to level 4 for the low end. No problems there...

The "high level" is a default level 15 or 650mA draw from the battery and around 42 lumens. I want to increase the runtime to around 1.5 to 2 hours and drop the output to 25 to 30 lumens more or less. This does three things for me, increases the runtime on high, generates much less heat and will allow the max setting to obviously increase over high. Shooting for 8 lumens low, 25 lumens high and 75 lumens max to make the settings "even" to the eye.

Has anyone checked the mA increases or decreases on different levels that are not the default 3 and 15? I am playing the bright enough but runs cool so it can operate sitting on a table for 90 minutes game. Maybe level 4, level 12 and max would give me the coolness, even to the eye output and runtime I want?

Thank you and have a great weekend!

old4x4

Newly Enlightened
How do you order one? Did some searching and can't seem to find much info on them..