can a Streamlight SL-35X lamp work in a SL-20?

bascodog

Newly Enlightened
I've heard you can put Streamlight SL-35x lamps into the SL-20 is this true?

Last edited:

RoadkillBC

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I've been using mine like that for many years. No mods necessary, just plug-and-play. Provides a LOT more light and I think I'm getting around 60 minutes on a charge.

Roadkill

bascodog

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your input Razorburn and Roadkill I think I will give it a try since I already own the SL-20. I was thinking of getting a tigerlight w/ new gen 4 lamp but that will have to wait. I can part with $15.00 or so to upgrade my Streamlight but can't part with $159-$195 at this moment yet due to the the $450 set back from recently purchased SF 10x Dominator.

maxilux

Enlightened
I can´t find the SL35 in the new SL-List, didn´t they sell th 35x in 2006 ?
Can someone comepare this SL20 mod with a Ultrastinger ?
Beamshots ?

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used this for a while now. The SL35 potted bulb came loose on my lamp assembly so I put it in the SL20 Reflector, and I got a tighter spot that throws almost forever. Don't ask why, cause I don't have a clue. I went to a local battery retailer that rebuilds batterries, and had him build me 2700 ma battery to regain some runtime.I am actually using mine in a SL20XP, and have found no significant heat issues.

jeffroalpha700

Newly Enlightened
The SL35 is bright. The Ultrastinger has a tighter pattern (adjustable). Before I got my 10x, I used the Ultrastinger as my large size light on patrol. If I get an opportunity this week, I will try to create some beamshots for you between the SL20X, SL35X, and Ultrastinger.

One thing to note, the SL20XP and SL20XP-LED (polymer lights) both have 8-watt bulbs. The SL20X and SL20X-LED (aluminum lights) utilize 10-watt lamps. The SL35X utilizes a 20-watt bulb.

The SL35X bulb in the SL20X is actually noted in the Streamlight instruction manual. The only difference between the actual units is that the SL20X utilizes five 1/2 D cells, verses the SL35X contains 5 D cells.

The SL35X was discontinued over 1 year ago.

maxilux

Enlightened
jeffroalpha700 said:
The SL35 is bright. The Ultrastinger has a tighter pattern (adjustable). Before I got my 10x, I used the Ultrastinger as my large size light on patrol. If I get an opportunity this week, I will try to create some beamshots for you between the SL20X, SL35X, and Ultrastinger.

Much Thanks, i am thinking to take a SL20 with the SL35 bulb as an replacement for my Ultrastinger.
I am waiting for some beamshots, this will be great for me.