Aleph 3 ?

city cop

Newly Enlightened
Anybody have this head? I'm thinking about this head for my VG 3 cell body.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes, a lot of people have this head. It does fit the VG3 and will even work with it, depending on driver and LED chosen.
Anything you wanna know in particular?

Aleph3 on E2e with Aleph Tailcap:
Aleph3NAT.jpg

Aleph3 on TB18650 with Aleph Tailcap
Aleph3TB168Asmall.jpg

Aleph3 on Brass UBHII with Aleph Tailcap:
Aleph3UBH2.jpg

bernie

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this head and it rawks!

It is for throwing a spot at a long distance. I get over 5000 LUX using only a single R123 and NG1000!!! That's around 80yards of throw. Easily light up 50yards.

city cop

Newly Enlightened
Sweet lights Bernie ! I have Wood :laughing:

Is there just one Aleph 3 head to choose from? How does it compare to the striker ?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Yes, there is one Aleph3 head, but you might find it in HA-BK and HA-NAT. The point is that you can choose which Light Engine to put in it, meaning you can have it the way you want it, choosing LED, driver and current. And you can later change the LE to a different one.

Then there are more different Aleph heads to choose from ...

The ALeph System:

Alephheads.jpg

Alephbodies.jpg

Alephtailcaps-primary-new.jpg

For more info it'd be best to visit the McGizmo forum and look at the sticky threads. Those contain links to FAQs and E-Series Compatible part threads that will help you. I suggest reading the Aleph FAQ to learn what an Aleph really is before purchasing.

bernie

taiji

Enlightened
city cop said:
Sweet lights Bernie ! I have Wood :laughing:

Is there just one Aleph 3 head to choose from? How does it compare to the striker ?

I have both and the Aleph III out throws the Striker by a wide (far) margin though the Striker is no slouch, easily out throwing the Inova T3/T4/XO3 (just to give you an idea).

city cop

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, I have the T4 as well as the striker. Now I really can't wait for the Aleph 3 !:)

ICUDoc

Enlightened
City Cop
The Aleph 3 is only a head that contains a McR-38 reflector. The large diameter means that it throws more light forward from the LED.

You get to choose what kind of LED (eg a T-bin Lux III for 60-odd lumens mostly as hotspot not corona, or a W-bin Lux V for more lumens in a more diffuse pattern).

You also choose what driver current to the LED you want (higher currents mean more light but also more heat for shorter run-times).

In the 3-cell body this essentially means a Downboy convertor.

My favourite is a WWOS Lux V LED in the Aleph III on a VG 3-cell body running about 917 mA via a Downboy 917 driver. Lots of light there!

You can buy most of these bits from the Sandwiche Shoppe- you need to learn how to put the light engine (LED + Driver board + can) together. Good luck....

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
ICUDoc said:
City Cop
The Aleph 3 is only a head that contains a McR-38 reflector. The large diameter means that it throws more light forward from the LED.
Just wanted to clarify this statement without starting turning the thread into a what makes throw topic.

We have had many 'spirited debates' about the subject and I just wanted to say that the size and shape of the reflector determine how the light is columinated. As the photons are concentrated together to have more of them directed in a tighter spot the effect is to be able to put more of them on a specific object thereby lighting the object up with more photons. The degree of visiblility is also determined by the material of the object as well as the material of the refector.

I've been sounding pretty anal today so this post is in keeping with that mood. Hope it doesn't last :)