What has more Throw? - LuxIII Aleph3 or LuxIII Surefire TH ??

jtice

Flashaholic
I have had a Kiu Heatsink module for the Surefire Turbo heads for quite a while now.

I see alot of great looking 5W modules in the Surfire Turbo heads, which I think look great.

But I was wondering, has anyone tried a LuxIII in one?
How would it compare to a LuxIII Apelh3 head?

~John

jtice

Flashaholic
I got to test an Aleph3 long ago,
liked the throw, but did notice the narrow spill.

This makes me think it would throw better than the SF TH, due to it using more of the spill light for the hotspot.

Anyone else have any input?

~John

Kiessling

Flashaholic
When looking at the 5W module in a KT2 I suspect that you will get a fairly small and somewhat strong spot with the LuxII, too, and a big and relatively dim corona due to the shallow reflector of the KT2 where most of the light escapes uncollimated. At least this is the case with the 5W TM ... a big big spill that is bright because it is a 5W, and a small acceptable spot, but in no way a throw king considering the luminous flux.

The Aleph3 however has a narrow corona that makes good use from the light of a LuxIII and throws like hell.

Depends on what you want ... but I personally am not tempted by a LuxIII in a KT2. I prefer the LuxV.

bernie

P.S.: all this is pure speculation of course since I haven't seen a LuxIII in a KT2