When do you not EDC a light?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are there any times or places that you simply don't take a light with you? Just curious. :shrug:

carrot

Flashaholic
Hahahaha...

Oh, you're serious aren't you?

I don't usually take lights into the shower with me, but they sit on the sink next to the shower. That's about it. Flashlight beams look awesome in a dark steamy bathroom, btw.

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
At home. I have lights next to the bed, by the backdoor, and on the work bench in easy reach, besdies the rest of the collection in my cabinet.

drizzle

Enlightened
All you people that are listing only the shower, does that mean you have a light on your person while in bed?

As for me, not in bed or after I get up until I get dressed.

Bradlee

Enlightened
drizzle said:
All you people that are listing only the shower, does that mean you have a light on your person while in bed?

As for me, not in bed or after I get up until I get dressed.

I always have a knife and light on my person when I'm in bed. :whistle:

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
What!!!!! you dont carry a flashlight to the shower???? You noobs!!!!! LOL!!!!!:lolsign: :nana:

I sometimes (once a week) take a shower with all the lights off and only my flashlight lighting the shower, weird experience if you havent tried it. good time to wash my EDC.

While in bed the flashlight stays at my side.

AlexGT

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Running or lifting weights. I usually don't have a light on me when I am working outside at some active task like cutting brush or chopping wood.

So, I generally go without a flashlight when I am doing some physically active thing. Other times I have a light on me. Basically I carry a light about as much as I wear a wristwatch.

Scott

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
:sleepy: Few nights ago my girlfriend took my SL propoly 4aa lux away from me when I was sleeping... I had a late shift the night before, so I slept til late. She told me that when she got up to go to work, she found me hugging my light. It is usually on my nightstand, but I must have grabbed it while asleep.... She said I put up quite a fight before I let go of the light, all while sleeping...

is this normal??

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
My work is very physical and having a flashlight in a pocket would lead to holes getting worn pretty quickly, and having one around my neck would result in me getting strangled or the lanyard "breaking away". I've my watch ripped off my wrist on numerous occassions at work (its not just the packages that get treated roughly at UPS, so do the employees!) I don't have a flashlght on my person at work, but I have one or two in my coat/jacket all the time at work which is within arms length, as well as one on my keychain. Doing yardwork outside during the summer in the daylight hours, I usually don't have a flashlight on my person either. Showering and in bed I'm sans light also, but I've usually got something within arms length.

-Keith

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
When I'm using the shower, I'm usually not in close proximity to a flashlight.
But I am at almost all other times.
I say "almost", because I usually do not carry one when taking out the garbage or checking the outside mailbox.

ScottyJ

Enlightened
As long as I have pants on, my HDS is in my pocket, and as long as my head is on my shoulders, an ARC AAA resides around my neck....with exception of showertime.

Macaw

Enlightened
Since I got my RAW Ni I carry it on a neck chain. I treat it as any necklace that someone would wear. I'm currently in my BVDs and a pair of socks. Oh, and my RAW Ni...
eeew.gif

Not in the shower or the sack though.

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
Rarely at home, in the shower or in bed, but there's always 2-4 lights on the nightstand, at least one in the bathroom, and the rest of the house (and cars) is just loaded with flashlights. :laughing:

Never at the beach.......... unless it's after sundown :naughty:

Other than that, I don't feel dressed unless I have at least one light with me.

I carry a money clip instead of a wallet, and I have one of those tiny firefli hearing aid battery lights attached to it's back edge with an "O" ring, so I always have that with me as a "back-up".

Generally when I leave the house I have at least one more serious light with me as well. (HDS, Raw, Fire~Fly, CR2 Ion, POP2 Groovy, Aleph, 3 stage L0P, 2 stage L1P, Neoca, Jil, Katokichi, Luxeon Inova X1 mod, TNC "N" cell, Peak "N" cell, etc........... whatever my pockets will allow on any given day :grin2: )

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I forget, then I have to go all the way to the car to get a light ;), or my locker depending on where my back pack is. Not usally in the shower, but on occasion to 'test' waterproffness. Its not uncommon for me to fall asleep holding a light, as the light switch in my room is horribly places, and I would trip over something if I didnt use one to get to bed.

wuyeah

Enlightened
When I am on a scale...........

198lb and 200lb does matters...........

:awman: