Were there any running changes to the Surefire KL4 head?

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
In what way? I mean, they're both going to screw on to your light body of choice and produce light..it's not like one is a twisty and one is a clicky or anything..

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not aware of any design changes to the KL4 since its inception, except the etchings :)

warpdrive

Enlightened
ACMarina said:
In what way? I mean, they're both going to screw on to your light body of choice and produce light..it's not like one is a twisty and one is a clicky or anything..

Just asking. Maybe the earlier ones were more prone to failure, or they changed materials, or made a design change to reduce donut hole (like they did on the U2)

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine doesn't have much of a donut hole at all - any changes would have been very minimal, as far as I can tell, as there's not a lot of talk about it. If there were changes then they weren't widely noticed..

Numbers

Enlightened
Buy a new one.
SF changed the lumen output rating from 65 to 100. Even if there have been no changes, which is what SF represented to me, on average you probably have a better chance of getting a brighter light if you buy a new one.