Where my big reflectors at?

Flakey

Enlightened
Where can i find large metal parabolic reflectors, such as the ones found in the 15MCP and 10MCP thor lights? or if anyone has a thor laying around that they arent touching maybe they could just rip the reflector out for me? lol But serioulsy im finding it very difficult to find any big reflectors out there! i really dont want to buy a whole light just for its reflector!

PS if anyone is curious as to why i need a huge reflector ... im making a mag100 and i have a bunch of magheads and i think im going to make a monster head for it!

quokked

Enlightened
Just get one of those stainless steel bowls and have them chromed or something :naughty:
now that thing would have some throw...

Flakey

Enlightened
i thought of that ... unfortunately bowls are not parabolic in shape so the beam would probably be quite floody and wierd!

Meduza

Enlightened
Many reflectors from stage lightning has its focal point in the front of the reflector because of how the lamp is mounted.

Try to find a reflector from a CCT Shilouette Axial or another axial spotlight and get it chromed or polished up.

That should be the best, assuming you got a axial bulb, if you got the other type, then you need another kind of reflector.

Many stage lightning manufacturers offers replacement parts...

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try flashlight +(vintage, antique, old) as a search criteria on Ebay. It may take a bit of time but those older lights in good condition can sometimes be had for very little. I've got one that has a brass reflector. I don't know if it's chrome coated or what but it's really shiney and unlikely to melt.

flashlight Sportsman is a good search criteria too. This one will be sold by the time you read it. Too expensive anyway but it shows what I'm talking about.

flashlight lantern +(vintage, antique, old) renders some possibilties.

I think antique torches are a barely tapped resource for HotWire modding.

Another thought would be to identify a new light that has the reflector you want and see if the manufacturer sells parts.

I think Sway and a few others have done some monster head flashlights that performed extremely well.

Flakey

Enlightened
where can i buy a thor for 25$????? if theres one availible :paypal:

at retail stores neer me 15MCP lights be it hummer or costco are like $60

Flakey

Enlightened
bin_15x54.gif
price: US $29.99
Shipping costs:US $15.00
hmm seems alot closer to $45 than 25??????? maybe im missing somthing? are these lights seriously availible at costco for $25 because last time i was there they had them listed for like $60

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 3MCP Gordon spotlight shell (no inards at all) that is currently hosting a 3MCP HF/CE spotlight reflector (H3 flange opening) and lens that you can have. The whole thing or just the reflector if that's all you want. Just pay for shipping is all I ask.

:)
-DF

Flakey

Enlightened
damn thats a massive looking reflector ..... but alas between my last post and this one i went to costco and baught a thor15mcp! lol so im going to play with this bad boy for a while, maybe do an HID mod in the future! thanks much for the offer though dude. seeing a 120 watt spotlight has given me a new idea of what is great about the mag100! its a hugely bright light that doesnt have a 10 inch reflector and weigh 20 Lbs!