Alien Vs Predator Flashlight

Taylorf

Enlightened
Ok so i was watchin AVP last night because i have not seen it in a while and was a looking at some of of the flashlights and I saw a cool one but I didnt know what it was. Here is a pic:
Sorry but this was the only pic i could find. I know there are better views in the movie. The beam can focus too, in the scene the beam goes from flood to focus. So can anyone help me out?

When I was watching the movie I was thinking it was a Maxabeam. Is that what it is?

Last edited:

tron3

Banned
That's a great beam shot, but hollywood seem to almost always have foggy, misty, or dusty conditions to enhance the beam of light from a flashlight.

Who knows what else they might be doing with film ehancements or CG.

jtice

Flashaholic
Yes, its a Maxabeam for SURE.

Theres a scene where they adjust it from flood to spot.
You see these in ALOT of movies.
One of the first was Jarasic Park.

~John

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Timson said:
Looks like a maxabeam to me.

Tim.

Yep, you were right. From Peak Beam System's web:

Peak Beam Systems said:
Motion Picture

The Maxa Beam Handheld Xenon Searchlight, the most powerful handheld searchlight in the world, has been used in motion pictures, television and still photography for over 15 years. The Maxa Beam Searchlight can be seen in movies such as Alien vs. Predator, Blade, Demolition Man, Earthquake, Ghost Ship, Gone in 60 Seconds, Jurassic Park (1, 2 & 3), Sahara, Sphere, X-Files, Volcano , and The Day After Tomorrow. . . .

http://www.peakbeam.com/motionpicture.html

They even have a Motion Picture Maxa Beam Package (#MBPKG-MP) that you can buy.

Scott

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anybody remember seeing one in Titanic??

The scene when they are searching the hold for Leonardo Di Caprio, and he and Kate Winslet are in the car...I don't own the movie to check but I thought it was an anachronistic light at the time. No one to tell until now though.They appered to have placed the body of the torch in a mhagony box to 'periodify' it.

I'm sure they didn't have Maxabeams in the 1930's!!!!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
havent watched the movie with too much interest,
but if I remember correctly,
then they used some kind of an oil or carbide powered light?

Last edited: