My new beamshaper is UGLY!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a beamshaper for my KL3/9P combo. I put it on and it looks like the Elephant Man! I can hear it cry out, "I am not a Maglight..."

Sure it makes my light very very functional. But it's hideous.

kelmo

CLHC

Flashaholic
kelmo said:
. . .it looks like the Elephant Man. . .I can hear it cry out, "I am not a Maglight. . ."
:huh: Hey! Got a chuckle out of that Kelmo! :wave:

"Hello! My name is Maglite Ugly and people poked fun of my name so much that I had to change it to SureFire Ugly." :grin2:

Last edited:

Mini-Moder

Enlightened
Could you post a link to which one you got....I have been looking for a beamshaper for my KL3 + 6P. But dont know what to get.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mini-Moder,

It's a FM64 for 1.47" bezels. On a 6P tube it will be very top heavy. I would suggest you also get a A19 battery extender and a lanyard. That's the setup I have. But its got a face only a flashaholic can love...

Longbow

Enlightened
The F70 beamshaper is $16 cheaper, fits and works very well, and matches the color of the black KL3 HA. I removed the two release tabs which makes the size more manageable.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
my name is fake said:
what do you guys think about a KL3 + Vital Gear FB2 body + E to C series adapter?

The VG body is kinda small ( made for e series)

I have essentially that combo but using an E2D body instead of the Vital Gear FB2. Found that it looked a little weird at first...a small body with a swelled head, but I got used to it quick enough.

Thanks for the F70 suggestion Longbow :thumbsup: .

my name is fake

Enlightened
Big Bob said:
I have essentially that combo but using an E2D body instead of the Vital Gear FB2. Found that it looked a little weird at first...a small body with a swelled head, but I got used to it quick enough.

Thanks for the F70 suggestion Longbow :thumbsup: .

Thanks for the re-assurance.:)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Longbow said:
The F70 beamshaper is $16 cheaper, fits and works very well, and matches the color of the black KL3 HA. I removed the two release tabs which makes the size more manageable.
Yeah, what Longbow said! :thumbsup:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Longbow,

Where did you get the F70? I did a search on the Surefire website and came up with nothing.

Thanks

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it really look that bad? I have one coming along with a black C2 from OpticHQ, and a MC123 from lighthound. Hopefully it at least works well. I have the black KL3 GenII as well on a 6P right now, will be putting it on the C2. Hopefully the C2's grip ring, pocket clip and the rubber MiniMag bezel gaurd on the tailcap will offset the FM64s' size.

Beamshot of the KL3 thru the beamshaper?

Last edited:

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yo KDOG3,

It really is big. It makes my 9P tube top heavy and unwieldly to pocket in a large jacket. It looks like a toilet plunger.

But the beam is really great. Very similar to a L2 on low. Just right for walking outdoors at night IMHO.

If your going to use it on a 2 battery tube, get a lanyard as the bulky head will make your rig easy to drop.

Its a very useful addition but it definitely looks like a cheesy aftermarket add on. The beamshaper itself is very nice looking, it just looks out of place on my light.

kelmo

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yikes. Maybe I should've got that F70 instead. Oh well. Its' on its way here now, guess I'll just have to live with it!