cheap tailcap problems

Yooper

Enlightened
Wanting a near-lockout tailcap for my G2 for pocket carry, I cheaped out and bought the $4.95 reverse clickie from Emilion.

It hardly works at all, switching on maybe 1 out of 10 tries, then getting stuck with the button down.

Is this a common problem with these? Is there an easy fix? It's not worth shipping back to Hong Kong. I'll probably just throw it away... :ohgeez:

Last edited:

MadMag

Newly Enlightened
First, thanks. I have a G2 and had considered that same clickie. As far as sticking down....well you know WD40 fixes everything. Or maybe you can rotate the switch (turn in circle) in housing and that might clear up the problem....not sure.

olephart

Newly Enlightened
I just got a couple of them. Gave them a quick try. The threads are too tight for one to completely screw on.

It's probably an accumulation if finish in the threads and will clean up. The other is tight, but works ok in limited use.

They have a nice finish. I guess we will have to get more use and more comments to see how they hold up.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since i live in Hong Kong and am also interested in this clicky switch, I tried contacting emillion to see if I could visit their shop/office to get few interesting items they carry. "Gladfully", they never reply me and saved me from wasting a few bucks:)

Alan