Led Logic Striker VG, Pelican M6-2390 or Surefire KL3??

gadgetz

Newly Enlightened
Hiya folks... My first time posting!
I'm really quite at a lost as to which of the above to buy. Clearly, if money wasn't a problem, I'd buy all three! I would appreciate your opinions. Cheers.

m1999

Newly Enlightened
I have similiar dillema. I need a little thrower that can be hide in pocket. But the main criteria is a distance that throw can reach. I'm looking at Inova T3, Pelican M6-2390 and Surefire KL3 too. Sidespill is not important for me.
Question 1: which one will outthrow others?
Question 2: use of RCR123 (DSD, 3.7V)?

PS. I already have Big Q3 as EDC.

Longbow

Enlightened
The 2nd gen. KL3 out throws the Inova T3 and the Pelican 2390. However the Striker easily out throws all three of the mentioned lights.

P.S. I love my KL3/G2/F70 beamshaper combo.

P.S.S. Sorry I don't use rechargeable cells in any of my lights, thus I am unaware of application. :)

Last edited:

Longbow

Enlightened
m1999, I notice that you have a big QIII. My KL3 really out throws my big QIII, but the latter is much more pocketable.

taiji

Enlightened
m1999 said:

PS. I already have Big Q3 as EDC.

? 1 answered above.

? 2 - the new circuit in the Striker allows the use of 3.7v Rcr123's. I am using these in my Striker currently.

Tajji

Newly Enlightened
m1999 said:
But the main criteria is a distance that throw can reach. I'm looking at Inova T3, Pelican M6-2390 and Surefire KL3 too. Sidespill is not important for me.

Answer 1: I cannot speak for the Striker but I can speak for the other 3 for throw. KL3 (good round hot spot for medium distance) > PM6 2390 (tighter hot spot with good spill for indoor) > T3 (hot spot is between the two and less throw). PM6 has the best combo of throw and spill for general indoor/outdoor usage.

Answer 2: I use R123a (from e-lectronics.net, protected 3.2V with load) on all 3 lights with no problem. All three lights have extremely flat regulation.