Proposal Ideas?

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought a .636 ct G Si1 with Ideal cut /symmetry/polish and had it set in a 18 ct white gold setting with 1/3ct princess cut stones on the side and some smaller pave set stones next to those. The ring uses platinum prongs to hold the diamond. I saved buckoo dollars over a B&M store plus about 200 dollars on sales tax plus I got a 1.5% discount by paying via wire transfer AND I managed to find a Blue Nile Coupon Code that saved me another 80 dollars (Basically a free flashlight:laughing:) ! I haven't received the ring yet so I don't yet know if I'll like it enough to keep for presentation but in the meantime I've got to come up with a creative and romantic way of asking her to marry me.

Now, I'd love to fly her off to peru and ask at Machu Pichu but that is beyond my financial resources so all I've been able to come up with so far is going for a hike up Blood Mountain (lot's of natural beauty, forget the name) with our dog and somehow getting a moment or two away from her to attach the ring (in the box) to the dog collar. We both love our dogs and Bohdi would be my number one candidate for "Best Man" (I know I'm weird). If there are women out there ...what do you think?

Guys, help me out here what is a cheap , special and romantic way of popping the question?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
good luck with how ever ya choose to do it .i dont have any ideas though.but where clean cloths lol

metalhed

Enlightened
If you're sure she's going to say yes, then I'd consider proposing to her during a local sporting event like a hockey or basketball game. Most teams love that type of stuff (proposing during the game), and will work with you to 'set her up', so to speak. Just give their front office a call.

She'll definitely remember the moment the rest of her life, and have a wonderful story to tell her friends.

But remember....if she might not say yes, it's not fair to her to do it in such a public way.

Just my two cents...good luck however you choose to do it.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm *semi* lucky, as my g/f lives a long ways away. I can do a lot just by showing up someplace nearby..

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of the whole fancy meal gig - that can be replicated so easily. I'd go for something natural and highly beautiful, like an overlook or lake or something. I mean, you're committing yourself to someone totally unique, so why shouldn't you find a unique place to do so??