Dollar Store Flashlight

Me Too

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday I stoped at a local Dollar General store to get batterys because I did not want to fight my way in all the town traffic. And they had a 20 led lantern that looked realy cheap an made of plastic but for $8.00 dollars I got it anyway. It holds 3 D size batterys. It is fairly bright with pivot head and a hi-low mode. I will add a photo later when I find out how to post it.

AshA4

Banned
I saw that light too at my local DG. I almost picked it up as well but didn't only because I had laundry detergent, gallon of milk, paper towels, dryer sheets etc...next time I'll get a little shopping basket. It comes with an A/C adapter if I'm not mistaken yes? If you can post some beamshots and your thoughts on it or heck I'll just run over and grab it myself!

Me Too

Newly Enlightened
Did you get that 20 LED Lantern Ash? It did not come with a A/C adapter but it has a place to plug one in. When it gets a little darker I will post a beamshot. I was going to yesterday but I got a bad case of the flu.

AshA4

Banned
I'll pick it up tomorrow after work. It would make a nice "flashaholic" desk light. I remember reading on the box about the A/C adapter but thinking about it I'm not sure it came with one or not. I'll let you know tomorrow!

flashlite

Enlightened
It sounds like one of those Innovage lanterns that Boscovs was carring a while back for $9.99. Maybe they still carry them. It had the A/C jack but no power cord.

The LED's on mine started to burn up and die after a few months of very limited use. For the price, I guess it's still worth a shot.