Website design and maintenance referral

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just about to try a new guy for some web design and maintenance work and I thought I should ask my fellow CPF'r friends if any of them do this or if anyone has had a good enough experience to refer someone. Send me a PM or post here to spread knowledge about the subject.

Corrosion

Newly Enlightened
'some web design and maintenance' doesn't really cover it.
Most people have strengths for design or application or sheer database and security setup.

If you need a basic site with little interaction that acts as a bulletin board or news site then you need a very different set of specialties than you do for a site for advertising purposes (flash, interaction, different GUI completely). If you want a secure transaction site with a very professional feel you need yet a different person.

Perhaps you could be more specific on the topic of what you need?

carrot

Flashaholic
You could try Rentacoder.com

I used to do some (good) design, but in the past year I've gotten pretty lazy.

paulr

Flashaholic
CroMAGNet, Corrosion is correct, web design (i.e. layout, graphics, illustration) is a totally separate specialty from backend implementation. I read your request as saying you wanted a design and layout person, but maybe you should be more specific about what you want, and what your site currently does. Can you post the URL?

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the help everyone.

I have a few projects that need attention.

I need someone with experience to help do the back end of my new website. My new website can be made from a template and I have all the copy to give it. I would like someone who can also give good input and suggestions to make things better or different etc.

Would be nice to have a student who has these capabilities to do this or design etc. I can purchase a template for $20 to $400 and just have them enter all the info and change the colors. or a student can design the site themselves. Something creative.

It must to look polished, clean and professional.

I also need them to build small companion sites for marketing. 4 or 5 of them
And repair my old website, minor issues done in cold fusion.
I have a flash site that is a marketing site which is very kewl and needs to be finished. Colors, font sizes, some copy.
I also have 3 other personal site that I need help with because I don't have the time to do them myself.

So it's quite a bit of stuff and should take a few months to do. Would be great to have someone to call for periodic changes etc too.

Hope that helps :)

paulr

Flashaholic
I think PJ (my friend whose url I gave) can do what you need. She's not a hardcore technical developer, but she can do basic scripting and she picks up fast on things. She shouldn't have trouble adapting to new requirements.

carrot

Flashaholic
I really can't take up a project like this right now, struggling to have top grades this semester... but I can offer you my input and suggestions on aesthetics and usability, as well as fixing code to make it cross-browser compatible -- free.

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
icon_bump.gif

Latest posts