Cabela's XPG Lights......

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
Alright......I really like these forums and you've all been a big help so far with me and my G2. Thanks again....

Anyhow, I've been looking at the Cabela's XPG Xenon lights. And needless to say.....I think I'm going to buy one. Any reasons why I shouldn't?

Thanks

zehnmm

Enlightened
I have the 2-cell version, which I compare to a Surefire 6P. Also, it appears that it is a Digilight clone, or thereabouts. Check out the thread in this area for some posts about the lens, etc. I was told by a sales person at the Cabela's in Ft. Worth that the lens is a lexan polycarbonate lens. To be honest, I am such a doofus that I cannot tell for sure. When I examine it, it seems to be lexan, and not glass, but....

For about $30, it is not a bad deal. The brightness seems to be a bit more than my MN03/E2E.

uz2busmc

Newly Enlightened
Just so you know, they are different than the pic on cabelas website, they look exactly like the ones shown on Digi website. I can't think of any reason not to buy one, mine has done great, but I don't have any other lights to compare with it. As far as the lens goes, I ordered the turbo head from cabelas so there is a possibility I might just break the standard one just to be finally sure of what heck it is made of!!!

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been on the verge of buying the 4-cell (12V) version along with the mini-turbo head for a few weeks, and just today Cabela's sent me a coupon for $10 off any web purchase of $75 or more, so for $70 + S/H (after coupon) it is too good to pass up now.

-Keith