Post a pic of most unusual,or custom light

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
Please post a picture of your custom / unusual / favorite light. Also please list some basic facts about it. Size ,brightness, etc. Please limit it to 1 or 2. I would like to know what else is out there!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
As for an unusual flashlight, I'd have to say the Vector 2-Way qualifies here.

vec1.jpg

Five white LEDs in the head where you would expect to find them, and three red LEDs at the back of the handle where you would NOT expect to find them.
Measures 149,000mcd with all five white LEDs blazing away.

My favourite flashlight is the EN-plated McLux with McFlood reflector.

mclux1.jpg

Intensity is 67,800mcd.
It has a very wide beam angle though, and wider beam angles *always* equal lower mcd values.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
My favorite custom light, the slim2. Just about 3 inches long, runs a lux III at about 1 watt, and hangs from my belt via the knob on the tailcap and cell phone clip.
slim2_12.jpg

My strangest looking mod? Probably the Turbo Minimag. A C sized mag head on a minimag. The light source is a lux III with a madmax driver.
turbomm10.jpg
Here's the beam shot at 25 feet
turbomm8.jpg

:)

I've modded at least 1/2 of my lights.

Daniel

tron3

Banned
mdocod said:
just click on the links in my signature to see my crazy creations.

running1.jpg

So, that's the beast my thread ultimately inspired? We both should be proud. Now I want one.

:awman:

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a charming little light we dreamed up. You've heard of monster trucks? I have a monster AA light. It has two-brightness and can use Surefire/Aleph parts. In stock form it uses an S-bin Lux I, a converter especially designed for a single AA battery and a 27mm custom metal reflector. In the body's tail is a battery ledge to lock the battery in place when the head is mounted. There is no battery rattle and the light feels like a solid block of metal.

The Lego style light can quickly switch over to Surefire/Aleph parts. The light becomes an LED barn burner. A Lux I, III or V can be used with the light.

For now the bare T-6061 aluminum light is one of two. The hard anodized, laser engraved, lights are a week or two away from being finished.

maxalephhead9xn.jpg

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Probably my most unusual light is the Gerber Mantis. It has potential, but I haven't quite figured what to do with it yet. Runs on 2 AAAs. Has white, red, and blinking red modes. There's a clamp on one end and opens out to about a foot in length. Plus a pocket clip on the light head. One of these days I'll find a good use for it.

Geoff

Mantis.jpg

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
At this point, I have only gotten as far as tapeing all the parts together just as a proof of concept. Everything has now been disassembled and I need to work on getting the parts modded for permanent attachment. I figured since a Mag6D was so big, I might as well just go with the flow and make it even bigger.

dcarch8

Newly Enlightened
DonShock said:
At this point, I have only gotten as far as tapeing all the parts together just as a proof of concept. Everything has now been disassembled and I need to work on getting the parts modded for permanent attachment. I figured since a Mag6D was so big, I might as well just go with the flow and make it even bigger.

:laughing: Death Ray Gun?

dcarch8

Paul6ppc

Enlightened
I have an Eveready Energizer light from 20 years ago,it has a standard incandecent bulb out the front and a flourescent 5 inch long bulb down the side!The light is seven inches long overall and rectangle shaped.
It runs on 4AA batteries

How can I post a pic it says diabled? Can I email it to someone?

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Paul6ppc said:
I have an Eveready Energizer light from 20 years ago,it has a standard incandecent bulb out the front and a flourescent 5 inch long bulb down the side!The light is seven inches long overall and rectangle shaped.
It runs on 4AA batteries

How can I post a pic it says diabled? Can I email it to someone?

Go to www.imageshack.com and upload your picture through them.

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire have released limited numbers of various different models in non-standard finishes, or with special laser etching or other modifications...

Here are few of the ones I have:
P315.jpg

There are other members/collectors who show the variety is ever greater!

juancho

Enlightened
This was the predecessor of the laser, attach to the barrel of a 4" or longer revolver and have adjutments screws to direct a very tight beam to where the sights are looking.

The light function with 2 C batteries mounted on springs, also the bulb is shock isolated.
The bungee cord attach to the grip of the revolver.

sideview.jpg

Fringe

Enlightened
juancho,

That is a really cool bit of history. What is the date on this piece?

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I have a black plastic flashlight from an optometrist's office that has a rotating bezel with 4 small different colored filters on it. Each filter is circular and less than 1cm in diameter. Unfortunately it doesn't work so I'm not entirely sure what it would do. I would guesstimate that it is at least 30 years old.

I was going to take a picture, but I can't find it.:shrug: