Why I Continue to EDC My Arc4-P AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
In no particular order:

- Aesthetics - It simply looks great and is pleasing to the eyes.
- Size - It's still the smallest single-cell AAA available to my knowledge.
- Weight - It's still the lightest single-cell AAA available to my knowledge.
- Runtime - It runs for at least 5-hours, producing very usable light and many hours longer with diminishing light.
- Brightness - Can handle over 90% of the normal persons day-to-day lighting needs.
- Efficiency - Can get the longest amount of usable light compared to similar products on the market.
- Power Management - Best in ability to fire on minimal voltage.
- Reliability - Can handle any/all of the day-to-day mishaps.

Last edited:

cy

Flashaholic
best tent light ever made! one ARC AAA-P lives folded up inside each of my tents.

edc bkup.JPG

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
:thumbsup: ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto - ditto :thumbsup:

paulr

Flashaholic
Very nice pics. Why the Arc4-P AAA terminology instead of Arc AAA rev 4? The Arc4/Arc4+ was a totally different light.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are so right TIN,

I left for work yesterday and forgot to put my Arc4-P in my pocket. I felt naked. I actually considered driving home to retrieve it. But I have a Arc AA stashed in my emergency kit at work so all is well.

I even have got my wife to carry her Arc4-P with her when she travels.

My Arc4-P is my most used and treasured light. I have an orginal Arc AAA-P as my backup EDC. I travel alot for work. When leaving hotels, I first check for my wedding ring, the next thing I check for is my Arc4-P.

kelmo

zoomin

Newly Enlightened
Nascar, my AAA-P is on my home keys ring. I carry them every day. When the power goes out, if my keys are unaccessable, I know my LSH-P is nearby in my living room drawer. All of the reasons you give for EDC'ing yours are very accurate.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lebkuecher said:
I dropped and threw this light over 20 times and it never died. At one point I thought that I killed the light but it turned out that the impact from a strong throw completely smashed the top of the battery in. I was not gentle with this light.

I posted this when I first tested this light and some people who weren't familiar with Arc didn't believe me. I was at work party with a bunch of guys and I was showing everyone the new Arc and to prove how tough it was I threw the light against a brick wall. The light went out and the guys started to laugh thinking that I killed the light. I did to in till the next day when I opened the light up and started looking at the battery. I wish I had a camera at the time and had a picture of the battery. I put a new battery in and the light fired right up. Peter makes one tough light.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CR2 Ion replaced my Arc AAA Limited Edition Rev 2.5. I put my Arc AAA through a lot but the color and brightness of the LED just sucked. Roughly the same as my CR2 Ion on low but very much yellow/green for the Arc.

I guess I used the Arc AAA so much the 5mm LED is past half life. I am willing to give up a little but of size for a little more versatility (two brightness levels.)

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
JasonC8301 said:
The CR2 Ion replaced my Arc AAA Limited Edition Rev 2.5. I put my Arc AAA through a lot but the color and brightness of the LED just sucked. Roughly the same as my CR2 Ion on low but very much yellow/green for the Arc.

I guess I used the Arc AAA so much the 5mm LED is past half life. I am willing to give up a little but of size for a little more versatility (two brightness levels.)

I really liked the Ion, however I'm not crazy about CR2 based lights. Additionally, the Ion weighed a ton compared to my Arc and Ifound myself reluctant to carry it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts