Look at what I got in the mail! (pic)

Arkayne

Enlightened
A few months ago I modified a broken bike light and sent the pics to the company.

See thread here: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103518

One of the 'suits' replied back and was pleased with the results and said he'd send me some other lights to mess with. Wellllll, last month I received these!

101_0231.jpg

How cool is that! I don't know where to start now.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
Planet Bike has always seemed like a cool company to me. They make a lot of good no-nonsense products. Their fenders are great.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last year, I sent a link to one of the Planet Bike guys (Rich, or maybe Rob?) directing him to the thread of Lightmania's 3w mod of one of those lights pictured above. They've got good customer service over there. I told them that the battery pack from my 15w Insight bike light, which I had purchased 3 years earlier wasn't functioning quite right and he said to send it back to them so he could run tests on it to see what was happening with it. I still haven't sent it back, though; that's something I've got to get on top of. When I first bought the same light three years ago, there was a problem with it, and they told me they had a bad run of some chips and to send it back and they'd send me a new one, which they did. Good company, I like 'em.

BTW, did those lights work when you got them?

Arkayne

Enlightened
Trashman said:
BTW, did those lights work when you got them?

One of the lights had batts inside and it works fine. I've yet to try the others. Regardless, I'll eventually tear them apart and make something spiffy out of it.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
whoa, they really did send you those stuff they promised and it wasn't just some palnet bike stickers

i think i am really gonna get one of those lights and modify them.

do a review of them plz :)

LEDMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
I just found a Planet Bike Insight 1500 light at a thrift store. (It looks like the "1200" in Arkayne's pic.) This guy is bright! (of couse it's not a HID, oh well)

carrot

Flashaholic
Did they come with the keyboard as well? ;)

Now that they have great expectations of you... knock their socks off with some even crazier mod!