Trexpo West 2006 - LA - met Michael Teig :)

Samuel

Enlightened
Had a chance to stop by the LA Convention Center with a few of my partners earlier this afternoon.

It was nice to see some familiar faces (Ernie Emerson, Shane Ludwig, etal), meet some new people (THE **** Kramer, Bruce from Pentagon lights, etal) and finally place a face with a name - Michael Teig / Tigerlights.

Some time ago, I had taken part in a discussion here on CPF regarding Tigerlights in LE work. I traded a few posts with JS and even received a note from Mr Teig in a PM - IIRC, it was a good and civil exchange of facts, ideas, and opinions. Anyhow, seeing the TL booth and recognizing the name, I wanted to at least say hi to him (Teig).

In between interruptions from my partners, I ended up talking with Mr Teig for a little while about the TL and the pros and cons of other LE tools/weapons. Although the TL does not match with my personal design preferences or choice of less lethal weapon, a couple of my partners in attendance were very impressed with the TL's design and performance.

From our conversation, I came away with a better understanding and impression of the TL (and of Mr Teig) - I do agree with many of the principles behind the design of the TL. Again, my reasons for not chosing to carry one include my unfamiliarity and lack of proficiency/comfort with the TL and my less than stellar experiences with chemical agents (not a big fan of First Defense - Freeze +p a little better). Since the last discussion of the TL, I had planned on researching and testing certain brands of chemical agent but have not had the chance.

Mr Teig also showed me the latest performance upgrades (which I believe were based upon JS's outstanding work) for the TL and even showed me something (pretty cool) in the works for the near future - something I will mostly likely purchase in small quantities when it becomes available. :)

Mike, if you happen to read this, it was a pleasure meeting you - I wish you continued success and am looking forward to new products from your company.

Last edited:

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
Samuel,

Thanks for posting this! The people at TigerLight are great, and the flashlights are also great.

Just a thought regarding the TL: you can always get a TL without the pepper spray, right? It's still a great light with or without the spray.

As for their future offerings, yes, there is some great stuff in the works. Randy and Michael Teig are a great combination to head up this company on all fronts: marketing, design, customer service, etc, and it is a pleasure to do consulting work for them.