Polishing Ipod front panels?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
K, its been less than a week and my Ipod is already starting to have many small character marks (that are luckily strangely only seen in yellow light...). I was thinking if it was possible to polish the front panel. If so, what substance should I use?

carrot

Flashaholic
Last edited:

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I've heard about the Brasso technique also. If you go to the iPod Lounge

http://www.ilounge.com/

you should find lots of information. Check the articles and the forum there.

I bought some PDA screen protectors from Radio Shack and put them over the screen. I don't care if anything else gets scratched, it will be obsolete in a few years anyway. I just want it to keep working. Mine usually rides in a Contour Showcase to protect it from knocks and give me a way to attach it to my belt. (Why don't iPods come with some sort of clip?:rant:) My wife made a "cozy" for it too so that the wheel and ports don't get full of lint and crumbs in my daypack.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
put some write-right over the actual screen portion to save it (or some other similar product) as it's hard to read through the patina of use that the rest of the case will get, and then just come to terms with the rest of it.

I only use a case for mine when I hang it on my belt, otherwise it's just stuffed in a pocket or laying around so it gets scratched up. This is the normal state for an iPod. Dont get all hung up on keeping it perfect, you can't unless you seal it in one of those shields.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine still has the original protector shield. I bought the clear plastic Contour case ($30!@#!) to keep it nice. The only drawback is I need to open the case to dock it in my ipod stereo speakers.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife keeps a jam jacket on hers so it doesn't get scratched. Her original plastic shield is still on her jog wheel. The jam jacket helps keep it in place.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
is your ipod an ipod nano ? coz i heard they scratches like hell, more then other generations.

any, brasso will do Very well for polishing off scratches off ipods. maybe they were created because of this...

after polishing, plz spend a lil money to buy a casing for it and maybe a screen protection film(which is just a silly piece of plastic with a nice name)

off topic on ipod: won't the invisibleshield be nice on plastic lens of lights? or glass lens too. it will be nice... but not sure about the heat given out from incans

Last edited:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been watching the arguments over the nano, I'm not convinced it's any worse than the rest as far as scratching. It's just that the mini, the model previous, was anodized aluminum in an extruded case, was SO much more resistant. i really liked the mini case as aluminum. It was destructable, but the nano is still pretty cool and I'm willing to get a few scratches for the smaller size.

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I love my 40GB iPod, but it chaps my butt that Apple would make a consumer electronic item that's meant to be carried around but is so delicate. In some ways they are pretty tough, but for the price they could have easily made them much more durable.