Any Canadians here ordered an HDS EDC?

Spydie

Newly Enlightened
The more I read on this light, the more I'd like to give it a chance and get one. I checked out lighthound's website and was a little thrown off by the disclaimer regarding foreign orders and the potential for loss (as a knifeknut, I'm well versed in the bs spewed by Canadian customs. Trust me, if any beaureacrat in the world could make the argument that a flashlight is a weapon, its Canada's beloved customs agents).

Are there any CPF'ers from Canada who've successfully ordered an HDS EDC online? And if so who did you deal with and what was the total damage factoring in shipping. Cheers and thanks.

Neil

Newly Enlightened
I havn't ordered one yet but I am thinking about it and i also live in canada, so I'm interested

Heck

Enlightened
A HDS EDC would not be considered a weapon. Unless you want to put crenellations on it, which then that becomes blurry.

Something like a SF E2d would be more blurry.

Problem with knives are the rules and regulations change a lot and are not 100% clear. If they are seized, this does not mean you lose the knife. Just put in an appeal and provide proper documentation and reasons and you will most likely get it back. Easy to blame Customs, but the regulations are not as concrete as you think.

I like knives myself, and buy from the US mostly. It seems most flashlight people do too