Longest Runtime P6/G2 Form Factor Bulb

beau

Newly Enlightened
Okay, here's the deal. I bought a Surefire P6 (after long debate between the P6/G2 - but that's another story). Anyway, what I really want is to have the flexability of the L2 in a less costly design.

I'm aware of the Bug Out Gear LED lights, and will pick up one of those. That will give me 65 lumen incandescent or 40-50 lumens of LED light.

However, I also want a 10-15 lumen really, really long running bulb. Does anyone know how I can do this in the P6/G2 form factor? Thanks, this is my first light.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
Lighthound.com sells a 1W LED lamp assembly for the 6P and other lights that take the P60. That's probably closer to your goal.

Welcome to CPF, and congrats on your fantastic light purchase.

beau

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I've seen those. I think they last for like 6 hours. I was looking for something that would run 40-80 hours (ala L2 - just don't want to spend $200). I think my wife would divorce me if I spent $200 on a flashlight.

carrot

Flashaholic
Okay, here's a solution -- get the $35 Inova X5 at Target. It'll happily take "used" batteries from your 6P/P60 combo and run for many hours afterwards. I'm not sure it can go 40-80 hours but its runtime on so-called used batteries is plentiful enough. It uses 5x5mm LEDs, making it pretty efficient.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another possibility is to get the BOG 3W drop in at $35, then order a McGizmo classic series two stage tailcap, not sure the price on this.

Those two combined should be a nice down payment on an L2.

Or you can just opt for the X5 as carrot said and use the 6P when called for.

beau

Newly Enlightened
Are there any other lower draw heads that anyone is aware of than the 1W lighhound light. Thinking outside the box, will a head from something from like say, the UK4AA or Streamlight pro polymer fit in the P60 head and give longer battery life?

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt it, those UK and SL modules run with AA's, not CR123's. It is possible though, seen SF KL1 heads on a SL Scorpion body before.

Sell your 6P and get a SF A2 Aviator?

carrot

Flashaholic
beau said:
Are there any other lower draw heads that anyone is aware of than the 1W lighhound light. Thinking outside the box, will a head from something from like say, the UK4AA or Streamlight pro polymer fit in the P60 head and give longer battery life?
You can always ask on the custom and modded lights forum for someone to build one for you... There are a lot of fantastic builders/modders here on CPF.